Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 am 
Nationalised

GameBlame wrote:
But that's not prices in Dublin are still rising, is it

Its amazing how much one has to explain, serially, to slow learners in south dublin. Prices in Dublin are rising, thats official.

Whether houses are clearing at or above the deluded asking prices set by greedy self entitled cunts in south dublin is a different question entirely as is the possibility that peak delusion in south dublin peaked before the morkesh itself did.

I don't think SCD is a canary this time, a bubble wrapped in an enigma and cold rolled in shite more like. That is an honest analysis FWIW. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:29 am 
Under CAB Investigation

These are actual sales prices not asking prices. Down YTD. But just on 2 houses.

What you seem to be saying is that delusional asking prices peaked in SCD a full year before your expected Q3 2019 realised prices peak. How likely is that lag ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:38 am 
Nationalised

GameBlame wrote:
These are actual sales prices not asking prices. Down YTD. But just on 2 houses.

What you seem to be saying is that delusional asking prices peaked in SCD a full year before your expected Q3 2019 realised prices peak. How likely is that lag ?

You are assuming that scd is some kind of general leading a charge (or retreat), it is an isolate in national terms as only a fraction of the population live there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:44 am 
Nationalised

2Pack wrote:
You are assuming that scd is some kind of general leading a charge (or retreat), it is an isolate in national terms as only a fraction of the population live there.

Exactly. Asking prices have been softening in SCD since the second quarter of the year, and the rest of Dublin may have been following recently, but who the hell knows how that matches up to achieved prices. I long ago gave up trying to match individual asking prices to sales as the data is too crappy to give a decent read, and asking prices have tended to dip in the last quarter most years anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 am 
Nationalised

ps200306 wrote:
2Pack wrote:

Exactly. Asking prices have been softening in SCD since the second quarter of the year, and the rest of Dublin may have been following recently, but who the hell knows how that matches up to achieved prices. I long ago gave up trying to match individual asking prices to sales as the data is too crappy to give a decent read, and asking prices have tended to dip in the last quarter most years anyway.

How long back has that been happening ?
I think recently the banks lend out their 'exemption' mortgages within the first 6 months of the year.
This pushes up prices.
Then in the second half, they are limited to the standard 3.5x income, thus contracting the market.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am 
Under CAB Investigation

2Pack wrote:
GameBlame wrote:

I failed in the last boom so I don't assume anything. I accept affordability is still very much there in lots of the country. Perhaps you could buy something cheaper than you could build it in places still.

The delusions in SCD asking prices is a recurrent illness there. Is the "sogginess" in achieved prices there just a Q3 Q4 2018 thing or what does it signify ? For one thing it tells SCD people they're not getting richer. Which is bad news for Leo's election plans.

SCD's woes don't affect Longford, I know that. Longford prices are too low for that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Quote:

Perhaps that assumption is untrue, but it's more of a confidence indicator. SCD 1st up, and 1st down. High end London 1st up, 1st down.
It's a method of looking at the edges to observe a trend. You could equally look at the lowest of the low end to try and figure out the state of the market.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 pm 
Too Big to Fail

If I remember correctly from the bust, auction sales for SoCoDu property started failing in March 06. Of course in the pre PPR days they could spin the "withdrawn but sold for a higher price later" line and no one could contradict it.

It took two years before the last asking price rises were recorded in Kilkenny and Tipperary.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:10 am 
Nationalised

catbear wrote:
If I remember correctly from the bust, auction sales for SoCoDu property started failing in March 06.

I'll hazard you are entirely correct but the then 'essential' Irish Times property supplement was able to gush and gloop over failures like that back in 2006. We had no hard information, like you say.

Nobody believes that comic any more. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pm 
Single Home Owner

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3696481

Does anyone remember the new builds that were launched c. 2006-2008 that came with a "free" mini cooper? I can find no trace of it on the internet but I've a clear memory of it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:40 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Glasnevinuser wrote:
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/drive-a-wheel-deal-in-this-churchtown-new-build-for-855k-1.3696481

Does anyone remember the new builds that were launched c. 2006-2008 that came with a "free" mini cooper? I can find no trace of it on the internet but I've a clear memory of it

Was it this? Volvo, not Mini. Though maybe there were several of these.

Developer offers 'free' car with new home
April 4 2008
https://www.independent.ie/business/per ... 35089.html

"A DEVELOPER is offering a free car to anyone who buys a house in a new west Dublin housing scheme in the latest attempt to revitalise the moribund property market."

Well that worked out well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:52 pm 
Single Home Owner

Thanks!
That could well have been it. In my memory it was a mini cooper.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 pm 
Nationalised

Glasnevinuser wrote:
Thanks!
That could well have been it. In my memory it was a mini cooper.

I remember apartments in Rathfarnham Village that came with a "free" A-class Merc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm 
Nationalised

Can we take it that the market has not peaked seeing as nobody is throwing in beemers yet, or is that rather an indication that we are well over the peak and that we could therefore not expect the beemers until 2020 or 2021??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:28 pm 
Nationalised

Nobody's gonna fall for that Celtic Tiger bling again. It'll be a free PCP down payment on a Nissan Leaf. "For the aspiring eco-conservative who enjoys luxury living with a conscience".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next