Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Urban v Rural
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 am 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

I was really questioning whether such dwellings should exist at all. Just because there are people prepared to live in them doesn't make them ok.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:05 am 
Under CAB Investigation

ps200306 wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

I was really questioning whether such dwellings should exist at all. Just because there are people prepared to live in them doesn't make them ok.

You could make the same point about small cars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 am 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

Alright then: I don't think people should live in small cars either. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Be interesting to see how the bed in this one works when you're eighty instead of eighteen:

A spurious point.

Most people's housing needs change quite a bit over the course of their lifetime.

Most people living in inner Paris in their 20s are doing it because of their job.

Most people doing it in their 80s are doing it by choice, and because they have high income or wealth.

Do you think people should be moving every x number of years?
I remember the calls to move the older people out from the areas they made their lifes, their friends/social circles in so that a new generation could move in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 am 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

A better example would be why should cars be required to be up to a set safety standard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:51 am 
Real Estate Developer

Blindjustice BATONEFFECT wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

A better example would be why should cars be required to be up to a set safety standard

How else do they create barriers for new manufacturing entrants?

Milton Friedman best moments

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am 
Real Estate Developer

ps200306 wrote:
Skippy 3 wrote:
A spurious point.

What's not ok about it? Not everyone wants to milk their own cows.

Milton Friedman best moments

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

When these discussions come up, I always wonder what I'm missing out by not living next to a hospital. Does the average people pop into them every week?
Also, do we really think that shops within 'walking distance' means you can shop without a car. Should I be able to carry 7 or 8 bags 500 metres without cutting the hands off myself?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am 
Property Magnate

Bogman wrote:
When these discussions come up, I always wonder what I'm missing out by not living next to a hospital. Does the average people pop into them every week?
Also, do we really think that shops within 'walking distance' means you can shop without a car. Should I be able to carry 7 or 8 bags 500 metres without cutting the hands off myself?

Probably means you can get the paper and a litre of milk without having to drive 3 miles for it.

Who drives to a supermarket anymore anyway when they will deliver it to you

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

cyrusir wrote:
Bogman wrote:

Probably means you can get the paper and a litre of milk without having to drive 3 miles for it.

Who drives to a supermarket anymore anyway when they will deliver it to you

Judging by the packed out car parks in most urban supermarkets, it appears there are lots of people are still driving. Who buys a paper these days?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property