Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1957 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5097
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing13.html

Looks like the 2014 deadline has already been missed

Quote:
John Mullins - chief executive of Bord Gais Group, which is in charge of Irish Water - said: “It looks as if it’s going to take the best part of two-and-a-half to three years to fully install meters”.

This increases the expected water installation date late into 2015, an increase on the 2014 completion date indicated by Minister for the Environment Phil Hogan last April.

Not to be hindered by a late 2015 start for meters, a flat rate to be introduced in 2014 to get the ball rolling
(remind anyone of the €100 household charge?)

Quote:
On the introduction of a flat rate charge in 2014, before the metering is completed, he said the tariff would “depend on the Commission for Energy Regulation”

However, “if you look at the charges that are in place internationally, you could be looking at anything between €100 and €400, based on OECD numbers,” he said.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: Inside a series of tubes.
Well, someone has to pay for his Aeron chair :-D

_________________
I no longer use this account except for posting about Salesporn.net.
salesporn.net: all your hot house on house action


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Nov 13, 2006
Posts: 1567
Chambers Ireland stick their oar in.
http://www.fxcentre.com/news.asp?2987023
Quote:
South Dublin Chamber today called on Minister Phil Hogan to offer financial incentives for householders who directly purchase and employ local plumbers to install water meters.
....
This incentive would boost the local economy and lessen the burden on the State to roll out the metering process. It would also speed the process up and avoid the kind of delays we are now facing," according to Peter Byrne, Chief Executive Officer South Dublin Chamber.

Does not compute. Inserting a meter randomly in every house in the state as opposed to doing it in a structured fashion - start at one end of a street and work your way through to the other - just in no way can cost less or be quicker.

Similarly the postman doesn't just jumble up the letters and deliver them as they come out of his bag.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 11976
Eoghan O Neachtain has already been hired to head up the spin doctoring on this. He was the ill fated spin doctor hired by Bertie and retained by Cowen as Government Press Secretary.

Nice little earner this, around €250k a year plus generous expenses, essentially as a lobbyist. Lets hope he is not driven to head butting anyone eh!! :D

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 27, 2007
Posts: 1834
Howitzer wrote:
Chambers Ireland stick their oar in.
http://www.fxcentre.com/news.asp?2987023
Quote:
South Dublin Chamber today called on Minister Phil Hogan to offer financial incentives for householders who directly purchase and employ local plumbers to install water meters.
....
This incentive would boost the local economy and lessen the burden on the State to roll out the metering process. It would also speed the process up and avoid the kind of delays we are now facing," according to Peter Byrne, Chief Executive Officer South Dublin Chamber.

Does not compute. Inserting a meter randomly in every house in the state as opposed to doing it in a structured fashion - start at one end of a street and work your way through to the other - just in no way can cost less or be quicker.

Similarly the postman doesn't just jumble up the letters and deliver them as they come out of his bag.


Yes, but it may be the only way to stop enriching Denis O'Brien, this time via Siteserv.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Nov 13, 2006
Posts: 1567
Braighni wrote:
Yes, but it may be the only way to stop enriching Denis O'Brien, this time via Siteserv.

My understanding is that the enrichment will be done in the time honored fashion at the local level, with each LA in charge of allocating contracts at a local level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: Inside a series of tubes.
So it's Healey Rae Plumbing in North Kerry, Lowry Water Contractors in Tipp... look, I've just saved them 2 expensive tender processes.

_________________
I no longer use this account except for posting about Salesporn.net.
salesporn.net: all your hot house on house action


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 am 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Posts: 34
Could be a nice little earner for whoever's doing the installations. Contact of mine at a county council recently discovered that groups of houses all over his particular county have had central heating installed (at public expense) every single year for several years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Posts: 4467
Location: Mesopotatia
schmig wrote:
Could be a nice little earner for whoever's doing the installations. Contact of mine at a county council recently discovered that groups of houses all over his particular county have had central heating installed (at public expense) every single year for several years.


Through grants?

_________________
The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Posts: 34
Not familiar with the ins-and-outs, all I know is he found that individual dwellings had central heating installed every year for years on end, which was billed to the council - imagine via grants sounds correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: Inside a series of tubes.
schmig wrote:
Not familiar with the ins-and-outs, all I know is he found that individual dwellings had central heating installed every year for years on end, which was billed to the council - imagine via grants sounds correct.


And no-one will go to jail.

_________________
I no longer use this account except for posting about Salesporn.net.
salesporn.net: all your hot house on house action


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Sep 24, 2008
Posts: 2277
How much will it cost to instal meters?

It's a revenue raising measure so just charge a flat fee and ignore the pretence.

Local authorities won't be happy to cede control of water rates revenue to a new utility.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:25 am 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: Jun 19, 2007
Posts: 172
My sewerage is metered! Here in King County WA USA they use our metered water to add a sewer usage charge it works out about twice my water the combined bill is about $150 a month a little more in summer..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5097
Looks like end of 2016 now for metering. Slipped another year in a week!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2 ... 09789.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Posts: 3794
Location: Inside a series of tubes.
How is this going to work for apartment blocks? One charge for the building I'd wager, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Remember that currently most multi unit commercial buildings share a meter and water charges.

_________________
I no longer use this account except for posting about Salesporn.net.
salesporn.net: all your hot house on house action


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1957 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 131  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AWAAF and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS

Click for Latest PostsFollow, Retweet @dailypinster

- Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!