Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1957 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Mar 30, 2016
Posts: 700
Coles2 wrote:
cyrusir wrote:
your sympathy towards her for the treatment she was subjected to is illuminating.
I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. None. The evidence presented in the trial clearly showed the Gardaí in control of the situation and that the car could have been reversed out at any time. Protests are ugly and Joan Burton has been involved in enough of them over the years to know that.

Trial is over. All innocent.



innocent of the charges filed perhaps, and it seems the gardai werent in control of the situation.

not having sympathy for Joan as i said is illuminating, from the times:

Garda handling of the water charge protest at Jobstown was inept. At the same time, former tánaiste Joan Burton and her assistant were treated abominably: threatened, abused and spat at by some within an angry crowd and prevented from leaving. Garda reinforcements had such little effect in securing her freedom that an internal review of organisational practices, policies and other issues was ordered.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
Coles2 wrote:
No, the story here is that Joan Burton is a washed up fool who thinks that defendants in trials shouldn't have legal representation. Try to keep up.

:o

The actions of Paul Murphy & co was nothing short of thuggery. But hey let's deflect attention away from this uncomfortable truth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6075
Location: SthDub
Coles2 wrote:
No, the story here is that Joan Burton is a washed up fool who thinks that defendants in trials shouldn't have legal representation. Try to keep up.

Thats not what she said and you know that if you were listening.

She said she counted 3 solicitors per defendant which she though excessive seeing as all were on legal aid. And she pointed out that on the continent in cases like this where a group of defendants are tried together, 1 legal team represents them all.

Keep the hyperbole down a tad :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
FreeFallin wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
No, the story here is that Joan Burton is a washed up fool who thinks that defendants in trials shouldn't have legal representation. Try to keep up.

Thats not what she said and you know that if you were listening.

She said she counted 3 solicitors per defendant which she though excessive seeing as all were on legal aid. And she pointed out that on the continent in cases like this where a group of defendants are tried together, 1 legal team represents them all.

Keep the hyperbole down a tad :roll:

A defendant might have their own solicitor, but in a court case you employ a barrister to advocate for you for the trial. A Junior counsel assists the barrister. Why would a defendant have three solicitors and no barrister or junior counsel?

That's our legal system. It applies equally to all. Joan Burton wanted a mass trial? with 'dodgy' Garda evidence?

Moaning, whinging shite that defines her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
Luan wrote:
The actions of Paul Murphy & co was nothing short of thuggery. But hey let's deflect attention away from this uncomfortable truth.
What happened at the protest is not the story. The story is how the State tried to destroy protestors and failed.

Actually, they did manage to drive one protester to his death, so I suppose you can chalk that one down as a victory if you want. :roll:

http://www.thejournal.ie/jobstown-phili ... 8-Jul2016/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
FreeFallin wrote:
She said she counted 3 solicitors per defendant which she though excessive...
Do you understand the difference between a solicitor, a barrister and junior counsel?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6075
Location: SthDub
Coles2 wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
She said she counted 3 solicitors per defendant which she though excessive...
Do you understand the difference between a solicitor, a barrister and junior counsel?

You need to calm down and slow down. I repeated what Burton said in her interview, thats all.
I know this topic brings down the red mist on you, but chill.

Your making wild assertions and when the story from the interview is pointed out (an interview you claim to have listened to) which outlines your inaccuracies , you go off on a different tangent.

Chill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Mar 30, 2016
Posts: 700
Coles2 wrote:
Luan wrote:
The actions of Paul Murphy & co was nothing short of thuggery. But hey let's deflect attention away from this uncomfortable truth.
What happened at the protest is not the story. The story is how the State tried to destroy protestors and failed.

Actually, they did manage to drive one protester to his death, so I suppose you can chalk that one down as a victory if you want. :roll:

http://www.thejournal.ie/jobstown-phili ... 8-Jul2016/


drove him to his death?

Looking at the video i would imagine issues related to his obesity were a more likely cause

thats a scandalous post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Mar 30, 2016
Posts: 700
Coles2 wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
No, the story here is that Joan Burton is a washed up fool who thinks that defendants in trials shouldn't have legal representation. Try to keep up.

Thats not what she said and you know that if you were listening.

She said she counted 3 solicitors per defendant which she though excessive seeing as all were on legal aid. And she pointed out that on the continent in cases like this where a group of defendants are tried together, 1 legal team represents them all.

Keep the hyperbole down a tad :roll:

A defendant might have their own solicitor, but in a court case you employ a barrister to advocate for you for the trial. A Junior counsel assists the barrister. Why would a defendant have three solicitors and no barrister or junior counsel?

That's our legal system. It applies equally to all. Joan Burton wanted a mass trial? with 'dodgy' Garda evidence?

Moaning, whinging shite that defines her.


so you have confirmed your first post misrepresented what she said

thanks for clearing that up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Water (meters) thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Oct 22, 2007
Posts: 1957
cyrusir wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Luan wrote:
The actions of Paul Murphy & co was nothing short of thuggery. But hey let's deflect attention away from this uncomfortable truth.
What happened at the protest is not the story. The story is how the State tried to destroy protestors and failed.

Actually, they did manage to drive one protester to his death, so I suppose you can chalk that one down as a victory if you want. :roll:

http://www.thejournal.ie/jobstown-phili ... 8-Jul2016/


drove him to his death?

Looking at the video i would imagine issues related to his obesity were a more likely cause

thats a scandalous post.


He was 36, played Rugby and it's hard to tell how rotund he is from that video but he doesn't look like a prime heart attack candidate.

_________________
No tool is omnicompetent. There is no such thing as a master-key that will unlock all doors.
--Arnold Toynbee

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1957 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com