Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 23317
Poacher turned gamekeeper wrote:
It's very important that this stuff is opposed and not allowed gain traction as it has elsewhere.

As an aside I wonder what is the nationality of the majority of Irish Times journalists.....and (assuming most are Irish) whether any of them are prepared to stand aside in the interest of diversity?

Indeed, given that Catholicism is the largest religion in Ireland, does the logic of their own diversity mantra thereby require that a significant number of practising Catholics be employed therein so as to ensure their workforce is representative of the broader population ?


Over the Irish Sea with get lesson in how DIVERSITY programmes for children can be taught in the classroom.

Quote:
Six year old school children taught to write LGBT "love letters" in the UK

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/sta ... 6213135361

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10934
Open Window wrote:
Over the Irish Sea with get lesson in how DIVERSITY programmes for children can be taught in the classroom.

Quote:
Six year old school children taught to write LGBT "love letters" in the UK

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/sta ... 6213135361


Hah. Tame.

https://twitter.com/acabaramosnicks/sta ... 9886724096

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: May 21, 2017
Posts: 233
FreeFallin wrote:
'
And not a mention that the vast vast majority of teachers are women. You'll note that the 2 female authors don't mention that most obvious fact but such are the times we live in


Even the teachers' unions want a study into the overwhelming gender imbalance among primary teachers and the growing imbalance among secondary teachers.
http://www.thejournal.ie/gender-imbalan ... 4-Oct2016/

It is a Europe-wide phenomenon but, no, the Irish Research Council prefers to fund researchers in NUI Galway who have built their careers researching diversity without addressing this (male) elephant in the room.
http://www.nuigalway.ie/colleges-and-sc ... inireland/

Years of publicly-funded research to tell us that Irish teachers are almost all white!!!

I see some work on socio-economic background which sounds very relevant - many teachers used to come from small farms but I suspect the training colleges are now almost exclusively middle-class. Nothing will be done about that either - first we must get "diversity"

This is not pure codology - places in teacher training will be reserved for those who are "diverse" (hint: not males)

The media will never challenge them but peer recognition will surely come - an Ignoble nomination can't be far off!
https://www.improbable.com/ig/winners/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6078
Location: SthDub
Is it possible to find out who funded this 'research'? That could tell a story

Was it this crowd who I see at the bottom of that NUIG page - Irish Research Council Research?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: May 21, 2017
Posts: 233
The High Court has thrown a spanner in the Leaving Cert/CAO works.

All the exam papers from almost 55,000 students have to be marked, collated and transmitted to students before the CAO can offer them college places which start in September. Now, a High Court judge says the appeals have to be considered and decided before final college places are allocated. His Lordship (with no sense of irony) was shocked by the idea that someone would have to wait over a month for a decision on their appeal.

This case concerns a simple error in totting up the marks - a common problem, it seems, and one which any self-respecting organisation should have tackled long ago -but it appears the judge is not limiting himself to those cases. He says he will hand down a written judgement - I can only guess at his reasoning.

In recognition of his visionary stance, he should be appointed Chair of the State Examinations Commission. :mrgreen:
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/leav ... -1.3643644


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31932
Location: Tullamore
Lefournier3 wrote:
He says he will hand down a written judgement - I can only guess at his reasoning.

It's easier to appeal against if they mark it wrong? :-GC

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 1, 2008
Posts: 2900
Location: God's Country
Open Window wrote:
Poacher turned gamekeeper wrote:
It's very important that this stuff is opposed and not allowed gain traction as it has elsewhere.

As an aside I wonder what is the nationality of the majority of Irish Times journalists.....and (assuming most are Irish) whether any of them are prepared to stand aside in the interest of diversity?

Indeed, given that Catholicism is the largest religion in Ireland, does the logic of their own diversity mantra thereby require that a significant number of practising Catholics be employed therein so as to ensure their workforce is representative of the broader population ?


Over the Irish Sea with get lesson in how DIVERSITY programmes for children can be taught in the classroom.

Quote:
Six year old school children taught to write LGBT "love letters" in the UK

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/sta ... 6213135361


Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3780
Location: Bogtrotterland!
dup

_________________
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence, and anyone who can read without moving his lips should know it by now: Brooks Stevens.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild


Last edited by dolanbaker on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3780
Location: Bogtrotterland!
dolanbaker wrote:
Inis Man wrote:
Open Window wrote:
Poacher turned gamekeeper wrote:
It's very important that this stuff is opposed and not allowed gain traction as it has elsewhere.

As an aside I wonder what is the nationality of the majority of Irish Times journalists.....and (assuming most are Irish) whether any of them are prepared to stand aside in the interest of diversity?

Indeed, given that Catholicism is the largest religion in Ireland, does the logic of their own diversity mantra thereby require that a significant number of practising Catholics be employed therein so as to ensure their workforce is representative of the broader population ?


Over the Irish Sea with get lesson in how DIVERSITY programmes for children can be taught in the classroom.

Quote:
Six year old school children taught to write LGBT "love letters" in the UK

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/sta ... 6213135361


Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!

Another brick in the wall, with the way children are being taught today, it's no wonder why they see older people as being "so out of touch!"

_________________
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence, and anyone who can read without moving his lips should know it by now: Brooks Stevens.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Irish Education system. Bork central
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: May 21, 2017
Posts: 233
yoganmahew wrote:
Lefournier3 wrote:
He says he will hand down a written judgement - I can only guess at his reasoning.

It's easier to appeal against if they mark it wrong? :-GC


Seems there'll be no appeal - Minister Bruton promises to fix the system which his Department spent four days defending in the High Court (or did the State Examinations Commission go on a solo run :oops: )

The system was creaking at the seams. UCD brought in a deadline of 30 September this year, to stop students joining a course later after they successfully appealed their results. How were the students supposed to catch up with over a month of missed lectures?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/educati ... -1.3643905


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com