Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The Social Housing Costs Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:10 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

I think they made 65 million last year. I wonder how much tax they paid...

Look at their board and shareholders...the usual cute hoor insiders. Except for the billionaires...

What’s that saying the French have about change...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

syberspud wrote:

Look at their board and shareholders...the usual cute hoor insiders. Except for the billionaires...

Sure aren't they practically tax exempt except for property taxes...from their 2017 final report:
Quote:
I-RES does not pay Irish corporation tax on the profits and gains
from its qualifying rental business in Ireland, provided it meets certain
conditions.

Where as the ordinary landlord who might only have the 1 gaff must pay tax at 51% on profits if he has income over 35k from his main day job

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

syberspud wrote:

I miscalculated , their profit was €19m for the first 6 months of this year. going by 2,600 properties that works at €8k per property, or €16k per annum er property.

from february this year where they report €65m rofits. I cant understand where the figures are coming from unless revenue and rents from rental properties are separate https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0 ... t-results/

Quote:
Ireland's biggest private residential landlord, I-RES REIT, has said that revenue from its investment properties rose to €44.7m for the year to the end of December, up from €38.8m the previous year.

I-RES REIT said that net rental income from its properties in Dublin increased to €36.3m from €30.6m.

The company's profit for the year rose to €65.1m from €47m and it reported basic earnings per share of 15.6 cent, up from 11.3 in 2016.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 am 
Under CAB Investigation

12 social housesin Dun Laoghaire for €249k each. Size is unclear but they look on the small end.

Land already owned by the Council.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:43 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Passive houses are expensive to build - especially as an infill development.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am 
Of Systemic Importance

So much for the argument that the Councils could build at reasonable cost on their own land. This is insane stuff

Social homes on council land to cost €500,000 each to build
Work on 54 homes at St Teresa’s Gardens in Dublin’s inner city to start next month
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.3636271
Quote:

The long-awaited construction of 54 social homes at St Teresa’s Gardens in Dublin’s southwest inner city is projected to cost €26.5 million, or almost €500,000 per home....
....In September 2016 the council said it expected to issue tenders to build the 50 homes by the end of the year. However, the following month hazardous waste, linked to a former fireworks factory on the site, was discovered. The project had to be postponed until the soil was decontaminated at an estimated cost of €500,000. In May 2017 the council said it expected construction of the new homes to start later that year.
Speaking at a St Teresa’s Gardens regeneration board event on Thursday, Minister of State for Housing Damien English said he had intended to announce the start date for the construction, and the company that would be building the homes, but was unable to do so because the tender process had not been fully finalised.
However, he said an additional four homes would be built, bringing the total to 54 – eight one-bedroom, eight two-bedroom and 28 three-bedroom apartments and a terrace of 10 two-bedroom houses. The estimated cost, including the soil decontamination, was €26.5 million.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:39 am 
Too Big to Fail

FreeFallin wrote:
So much for the argument that the Councils could build at reasonable cost on their own land. This is insane stuff

Social homes on council land to cost €500,000 each to build
Work on 54 homes at St Teresa’s Gardens in Dublin’s inner city to start next month
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.3636271
Quote:

The long-awaited construction of 54 social homes at St Teresa’s Gardens in Dublin’s southwest inner city is projected to cost €26.5 million, or almost €500,000 per home....
....In September 2016 the council said it expected to issue tenders to build the 50 homes by the end of the year. However, the following month hazardous waste, linked to a former fireworks factory on the site, was discovered. The project had to be postponed until the soil was decontaminated at an estimated cost of €500,000. In May 2017 the council said it expected construction of the new homes to start later that year.
Speaking at a St Teresa’s Gardens regeneration board event on Thursday, Minister of State for Housing Damien English said he had intended to announce the start date for the construction, and the company that would be building the homes, but was unable to do so because the tender process had not been fully finalised.
However, he said an additional four homes would be built, bringing the total to 54 – eight one-bedroom, eight two-bedroom and 28 three-bedroom apartments and a terrace of 10 two-bedroom houses. The estimated cost, including the soil decontamination, was €26.5 million.

Saw that this morning, its nuts, more evidence of what a basket place this country is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:02 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Irish Times reports that six nearly completed housing units for travellers are costing€1.7m plus VAT.

VAT inclusive, that's 321,500 per unit. In Tipperary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
Irish Times reports that six nearly completed housing units for travellers are costing€1.7m plus VAT.

VAT inclusive, that's 321,500 per unit. In Tipperary.

It's ok, they won't be taking them. The council screwed up and didn't deliver the half acre of land plus two stables with each house that was allegedly promised. The travellers' solicitor is looking into it. Meanwhile these poor folk will be forced to stick with the stables and paddocks on the temporary halting site they've been occupying for fifty years.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/10 ... y-housing/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 74178.html

http://tippfm.com/news/tipperary-county ... ew-houses/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10