Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » Anglogate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Déjà vu?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm 
Too Big to Fail

What'd you drag this puppy up for ? You reckon we've been playing snakes and ladders and found a snake or something ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:19 pm 
Nationalised

The thread ain't called "Déjà vu?" for nuttin' :wink:

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:28 pm 
Nationalised

Open Window wrote:
The thread ain't called "Déjà vu?" for nuttin' :wink:

Rename it "Jamais vu"!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:17 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Quote:
It seems that those with something to lose are getting nervous. The announcement that the financial regulator will be examining the banks debts has meant that time is even more limited than I speculated earlier for the massive cover up at the center of the Celtic Tiger to be exposed. The book keepers in the UK and elsewhere are planning to pull the plug if this is not contained. This means using the nuclear option. In the next few weeks an Irish bank will be allowed to fail and a major public figure will be the scape goat. The banks liabilities will be conveniently absorbed by the government without having to disclose who owed what. This seems to be Plan A

What I dont square about this is that it is obviously Quinn, but where does this fit with Dermot and JP being with the Dept Finance on the night of the gtee. Everyone hates Quinn, so they obviously had their own agendas.

That said, the scapegoat, Seanie, was really a scapegoat, as everyone around town know about his loans (and the Central Bank had criticised Anglo in relation to corporate governance issues to do with the transfers to IPL) months before he left.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 am 
IMF'd

We have to find out who owes money to Anglo. Whose are the loans?

It is about the borrowers, not the banks.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:37 am 
Nationalised

People working in NAMA and the Banks have to start leaking information. The resistance can only start there.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:31 am 
Under CAB Investigation

jmc wrote:
If a name seems out of place in a story then the journalist put it in for a reason.. A bit like the Sunday Times story about which names were not on the Golden Circle list..

"Fergus Murphy of the EBS" specifically named ahead of omitted bankers from bigger banks. Is that what you're referring to?
jmc wrote:
The Taoiseach's top advisor, Joe Lennon, economics advisor, Peter Clinch, and Government press spokesman Eoin O Neachtain were also in attendance.

Joe Lennon?
Peter Clinch?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:46 am 
Under CAB Investigation

DSE3Br wrote:
Joe Lennon?
Peter Clinch?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 82502.html
Quote:
The biggest earner in Mr Cowen's team is his programme manager Joe Lennon, who earns €221,929 a year.

Economist Peter Clinch, who was recruited from UCD, is on a salary of €213,092, and government press secretary Eoghan O Neachtain is on €147,036. Two other of Mr Cowen's special advisers -- Gerry Steadman and Brian Murphy -- are on €137,737 each annually.

Deputy government press officers, Mark Costigan and John Downing, are paid €115,862 and €109,091 respectively.

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan, who is this weekend returning home from hospital following surgery, has two special advisers.

Cathy Herbert, his political adviser, is on a salary of €107,485, while Dr Alan Ahearne, on secondment from NUI Galway, is earning a salary of €135,000.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:29 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I don't think the special advisors are really players, although, as it happens, Joe Lennon was govt press secretary under Ahern. I mean, they are involved insofar as it's part of their jobs but we should probably ask more questions about the people who were milling around govt buildings when big decisions were being made; people who had no business being there other than to defend their empires. The likes of Desmond and 'legendary' philanthropist JP McManus
http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26717

Did we ever complete the Golden Circle? I remember the Sunday Times naming four and then a fifth emerging, but do we know the rest? It seemed to be overtaken by other aspects of the crisis (at least in my mind).

As OW said, it's time for some of the many people working in NAMA and the banks to anonymously share important information in the public interest. You will not lose your job. And you might just help minimise the depths to which we are about to be plunged by a corrupt cabal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 pm 
Property Magnate

Given the line of work I am in, I have looked into these names (along with other names) to see if they had anything to be gained from the decision that evening and subsequently. I had at one time access to a fair bit of important information. I found nothing (apart of limited ownership of bank shares).

I actually asked why Mr. Desmond was where he was that evening. I directed this to department officials who were involved that night. The answer (which I believe) was that no one had a clue what was going on and advice was sought from everywhere. Say what you like about desmond but he's a smart guy and his address book reads like the who's who of the financial world. Given the standard of knowledge in the DoF, I'm not surprised they were asked their opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » Anglogate