Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:00 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Stifster wrote:
karlos_the_jackal wrote:
Ugh, every time I read about Dunne's antics in court, it really makes my blood boil. He is taking the absolute piss out of the legal system in the US and Ireland. I wish the judges would have a little less forbearance for the grade-A runaround he is giving to everyone, and actually soften his cough in the slammer until he learns how to answer a simple question fully and truthfully.

Run around?? what run around?

Quote:
When asked if the Swiss judgment was the basis for Gayle Killilea Dunne being listed as a creditor, Mr Dunne replied: "It would be, yes."

However, Mr Dunne and his legal team left the room and when they returned he told trustee Richard Coan that the debt is the result of the agreement between him and his wife drawn up in Thailand.

On mature reflection.....

Possibly she found him, In flagrante delicto, with a Lady-Boy, & in penance he gave he a few quid :x :x :x

"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:38 pm 
Nationalised

Quote:
It emerged that the person listed as 'Creditor A' on his bankruptcy filings with debts of $44m (€33m) is his wife Gayle Killilea.

Dinner time could be awkward.

-Pass the salt, dear?
-You owe me €33 million euro.
-...I'll get it myself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I know I'll get nothing I want for christmas. But it is my sincerest wish that Dunne gets a painful lesson in life and finds out that he picked the wrong jurisdiction for shenanigans.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 am 
Nationalised

Impatient Dunne shows he is eager to get back in the game - Simon Carswell -> http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sect ... -1.1628996

Quote:
There was a funny moment, one of many, during almost eight hours of intense questioning at a two-day meeting of Seán Dunne’s creditors in Connecticut last week.

Asked by US attorney Tom Curran, for the National Asset Management Agency, whether his wife Gayle Killilea and children had business interests in South Africa, juhuDunne’s sarcastic reference to a gold mine appeared lost on Nama’s American lawyers who were in no mood for banter. The State loans agency has a €185 million judgment against the Co Carlow developer, among €720 million of debts that forced Dunne into bankruptcy in the US last March.

there is more

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:25 am 
Too Big to Fail

Ode to Gayle
I love my wife with all my life
Even more than a model Brazilian
But even she, so dear to me
Aint worth €100million

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 am 
Nationalised

Gayle Killilea has a ‘privacy right’ on her bank accounts, US court hears - Orlaith Farrell -> http://www.independent.ie/incoming/gayl ... 09006.html
04 December 2013

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Stifster wrote:
karlos_the_jackal wrote:
Ugh, every time I read about Dunne's antics in court, it really makes my blood boil. He is taking the absolute piss out of the legal system in the US and Ireland. I wish the judges would have a little less forbearance for the grade-A runaround he is giving to everyone, and actually soften his cough in the slammer until he learns how to answer a simple question fully and truthfully.

Run around?? what run around?

Quote:
When asked if the Swiss judgment was the basis for Gayle Killilea Dunne being listed as a creditor, Mr Dunne replied: "It would be, yes."

However, Mr Dunne and his legal team left the room and when they returned he told trustee Richard Coan that the debt is the result of the agreement between him and his wife drawn up in Thailand.

On mature reflection.....

Maybe I wasn't reading the earlier coverage attentively enough but I didn't realise there was a question mark over whether the 2005 transfer was genuine. It was only on Prime Time last night that I understood it was an undated document that they didn't rely on until much later and there is only their word that it was actually agreed in 2005.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:45 pm 
Nationalised

100 artworks hidden behind fake wall at ‘Dunne house’ House ‘owned by an Isle of Man company’ - -> http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/20 ... ost7513540

Quote:
100 artworks hidden behind fake wall at ‘Dunne house’ House ‘owned by an Isle of Man company’
15 Dec 2013 The Irish Mail on Sunday By Niamh Walsh

COURT officials found a cache of 100 art works hidden in a secret room behind a false wall during a raid on a house at the K Club associated with bankrupt builder Seán Dunne, the Irish Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The house, valued at €1.5m, belonged to an offshore company that Dunne this week admitted he set up. It was raided and seized along with all its contents two weeks ago by agents acting on behalf of the court official assigned to pursue Dunne’s assets on behalf of his creditors.

Now official documents seen by the MoS reveal that the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy, Chris Lehane, went to court to obtain a warrant to search the house after he received a tip-off that Dunne was storing art of ‘high value’ at the house.

An affidavit sworn by Mr Lehane – and seen by this paper – reveals he got a ‘tip’ that the art work was hidden behind a false wall in No.19 Churchfields at the K Club estate.

there is more

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:54 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

BoyRacer wrote:
100 artworks hidden behind fake wall at ‘Dunne house’ House ‘owned by an Isle of Man company’ - -> http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/20 ... ost7513540

Quote:
100 artworks hidden behind fake wall at ‘Dunne house’ House ‘owned by an Isle of Man company’

COURT officials found a cache of 100 art works hidden in a secret room behind a false wall during a raid on a house at the K Club associated with bankrupt builder Seán Dunne, the Irish Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The house, valued at €1.5m, belonged to an offshore company that Dunne this week admitted he set up. It was raided and seized along with all its contents two weeks ago by agents acting on behalf of the court official assigned to pursue Dunne’s assets on behalf of his creditors.

Now official documents seen by the MoS reveal that the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy, Chris Lehane, went to court to obtain a warrant to search the house after he received a tip-off that Dunne was storing art of ‘high value’ at the house.

An affidavit sworn by Mr Lehane – and seen by this paper – reveals he got a ‘tip’ that the art work was hidden behind a false wall in No.19 Churchfields at the K Club estate.

there is more

:shock: Wow, surely the yanks will go to town on him over this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Speculator

Dunne won't be bending over to pick up loose change when they send him to the big house.

I'm delighted he got caught.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:58 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Tax Avoider wrote:
Dunne won't be bending over to pick up loose change when they send him to the big house.

I'm delighted he got caught.

I am sure all the purchases can be traced directly back to the Gayle's personal accounts. That would just sort everything out.

Both trying to ride me...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm 
Nationalised

Between this and McFeely's stash under the bath, it starts to make the Quinns look positively canny. ("Nuttin' we can do yer honour -- we lent it to a Ukrainian security man and he won't give it back.").

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 pm 
Nationalised

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1403583
Churchfields, The K Club, Straffan, Co. Kildare

any idea if this is Dunner's gaff - his place has been variously mentioned as over looking the 16th hole but I reckon that's impossible from the map here
http://i.pga.com/pga/images/rydercup/20 ... erview.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:38 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

FreeFallin wrote:
BoyRacer wrote:

Quote:

there is more

:shock: Wow, surely the yanks will go to town on him over this.

I wonder did it include the chess set?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:52 pm 
Real Estate Developer

dipole wrote:
ncallanan wrote:
dipole wrote:
Dunne's Hume House is being lined up to be sold.
bought for 130m but it and 2 other high profile buildings will only bring in 100m for NAMA

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sect ... -1.1504117

Quote:

Nama to sell three business buildings at value of €100m

Nama is preparing to sell three office buildings in central Dublin with a combined valued of more than €100 million, according to two sources.
contd.

Just fyi, that was a Bloomberg scoop on Friday.

Yes, credit where due.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-2 ... rties.html
as reported by Neil Callanan

Hume House, along with two other buildings on Sir John Rogersons Quay (also Sean Dunne connected) look like they will be sold to Blackstone for €100m:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sect ... -1.1646305

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)