Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Posts: 1864
http://www.leovaradkar.ie/

A PR stunt, but relatively humourous nonetheless.

(gets a response)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Posts: 5562
Looks like Michael Somers has a sense of humour.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31927
Location: Tullamore
Aside from the humour, Mr. Somers letter speaks to me of frustration that he and others saw it coming (and warned others privately as best they could?), but saw nothing done about it.

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:23 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Posts: 22471
Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
yoganmahew wrote:
Aside from the humour, Mr. Somers letter speaks to me of frustration that he and others saw it coming (and warned others privately as best they could?), but saw nothing done about it.


I think you're reading too much into it YM.

It reads like Steve Gibson's reply as Chairman of Middlesbrough FC to a punter who wrote in quoting his extensive Championship Manager football experience on PC as demonstrating his eligibility for the position of manager.

This whole exchange rivals this.

_________________
People change. Hairstyles change. Interest rates fluctuate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Posts: 5131
Location: Elsewhere
What the hell is someone on a TD's salary doing with a car loan.
And a front bench spokesperson at that.

For christ's sake Leo, how are we supposed to take you seriously
when you talk about the economy if you have a car loan?

How many perfectly excellent cars are there out there that you could buy
with a weeks worth of unvouched expenses?

-Rd

_________________
www.IrishHomeTruths.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Apr 20, 2009
Posts: 4772
Location: location location
Just thinking.....wouldn't it be a good idea for Daft and Myhome to include a field for LTEV. Just so punters realise how much of a bargain they're getting

Something for the pricedrop team to include also ;)

_________________
I dream of a better tomorrow, a place where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2007
Posts: 5131
Location: Elsewhere
I wonder. Before the next election, could FF bring in legislation so that instead of counting the
number of seats a party has, we could instead count the long term political value of the party.

So, when FF return after the election with 20 seats, they could still be in government,
possibly with an overall majority, using the their LTPV of 90 seats.

The greens of course would still be on zero. Let's be realistic.

-Rd

_________________
www.IrishHomeTruths.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Posts: 1864
daltonr wrote:
I wonder. Before the next election, could FF bring in legislation so that instead of counting the
number of seats a party has, we could instead count the long term political value of the party.

So, when FF return after the election with 20 seats, they could still be in government,
possibly with an overall majority, using the their LTPV of 90 seats.

The greens of course would still be on zero. Let's be realistic.

-Rd


Possibly the Post Of The Day.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jan 18, 2009
Posts: 2550
Location: NWUK
The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
It reads like Steve Gibson's reply as Chairman of Middlesbrough FC to a punter who wrote in quoting his extensive Championship Manager football experience on PC as demonstrating his eligibility for the position of manager.

This whole exchange rivals this.


Got a link for that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leo Varadkar offers to sell his apartment to NAMA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 am 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: May 24, 2008
Posts: 1205
daltonr wrote:
What the hell is someone on a TD's salary doing with a car loan.
And a front bench spokesperson at that.

For christ's sake Leo, how are we supposed to take you seriously
when you talk about the economy if you have a car loan?

How many perfectly excellent cars are there out there that you could buy
with a weeks worth of unvouched expenses?

-Rd


Yeah, unless Uncle Leo is playing to the gallery, it's hard to comprehend someone with a six figure take-home pay requiring a car loan for anything but the most ostentatious of cars. I'll bet he bought it new too.

Still, a worthy idea in that it helps communicate the farce of the LTEV model to many of the electorate.

_________________
I've found that people who are great at something are not so much convinced of their own greatness as mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Golden Circle » NAMAwatch (Pt. I)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com