Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank » IMF Watch (IRL)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:17 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10880
onlyone wrote:
I am ashamed that a rich country like ours has plundered the IMF, thus leaving less for the really poor.


Well, I can think of two solutions. One is to take a 10% or so pay cut, so that whatever goods and services you have a hand in producing can be reduced in cost by the same amount. At the same time, persuade your public service compatriots to do likewise, and those availing of benefits or services to do with 10% less. When that is done, our budget deficit will be resolved and we won't need any more from the IMF.

There probably isn't a snowball's chance in hell of option one working because it relies on everyone taking the right steps in lock step. So on the basis that you are clearly more compassionate than your compatriots, option two is to give 10% of your income directly to the really poor. This has the benefit of cutting out any middlemen who usually erode the value of contributions given less directly. It also allows you to target your own preferred charities. And while you can do this unilaterally (which is reason it has a better chance of success) you can also persuade as many of your compatriots as will listen to donate likewise.

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 9, 2007
Posts: 2358
Location: Still Awaiting The Pearly Gates
ps200306 wrote:
onlyone wrote:
I am ashamed that a rich country like ours has plundered the IMF, thus leaving less for the really poor.


Well, I can think of two solutions. One is to take a 10% or so pay cut, so that whatever goods and services you have a hand in producing can be reduced in cost by the same amount. At the same time, persuade your public service compatriots to do likewise, and those availing of benefits or services to do with 10% less. When that is done, our budget deficit will be resolved and we won't need any more from the IMF.

There probably isn't a snowball's chance in hell of option one working because it relies on everyone taking the right steps in lock step. So on the basis that you are clearly more compassionate than your compatriots, option two is to give 10% of your income directly to the really poor. This has the benefit of cutting out any middlemen who usually erode the value of contributions given less directly. It also allows you to target your own preferred charities. And while you can do this unilaterally (which is reason it has a better chance of success) you can also persuade as many of your compatriots as will listen to donate likewise.



Well I have taken a 100% pay cut, and I have dropped my prices by 40%. I will happily donate 100% of my income to charity, as i have none, that been said if I did have some, I might not be so generous. I have survived on savings, and the kindness of others.

What you are talking about is an internal devaluation, and it just will not happen in this really fucked up little country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:46 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10880
onlyone wrote:
Well I have taken a 100% pay cut, and I have dropped my prices by 40%. I will happily donate 100% of my income to charity, as i have none, that been said if I did have some, I might not be so generous. I have survived on savings, and the kindness of others.

What you are talking about is an internal devaluation, and it just will not happen in this really fucked up little country.


Yes, my option one was internal devaluation, and I agreed with you -- it ain't gonna work. Option 2 isn't open to you if you've lost your income, so you're already doing as much as you can. You can still spread the word about the haves donating to the have-nots, but I wouldn't mention the point about you not reciprocating if you had income.

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:57 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jul 6, 2006
Posts: 2021
HissingSound wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
It always grates on me the way the term 'star pupil' is used as a term of insult about ourselves when it comes to the Troika programme. It's invariably used by Sinn Fein which I guess is unsurprising given the profile of the average Sinn Fein voter.


The calibre of the Sinn Fein commenter on Irish forums is enough to make me wish for Loyalist Death Squad to finish them all off.

Seriously, you wasters, if we balance our budgets, we can tell the bondholders to fuck off, and kiss that debt good bye. The 'RA-heads are a dead weight in this country.



thats a disgraceful comment from a lowlife vermin if ever there was one. The shinners are more clued in to whats going on than anything the Fg/FF/Lab axis of assholes can offer.

_________________
Join me and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3741
Location: Bogtrotterland!
onlyone wrote:

I am ashamed that a rich country like ours has plundered the IMF, thus leaving less for the really poor.


It only became rich because of all the money that flowed i during the late 90s and early 2000s, they want it back now with interest.

We were never really rich, just a place for "resting and growing money".

_________________
"Democracy is like sausage, you want it, but you don't want to know how it is made". [John Godfrey Saxe]
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IMF Completes Sixth Review for Ireland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Apr 4, 2010
Posts: 4736
HissingSound wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
It always grates on me the way the term 'star pupil' is used as a term of insult about ourselves when it comes to the Troika programme. It's invariably used by Sinn Fein which I guess is unsurprising given the profile of the average Sinn Fein voter.


The calibre of the Sinn Fein commenter on Irish forums is enough to make me wish for Loyalist Death Squad to finish them all off.


There's no need for that. Just send them back to the student union bar with all the other clueless angry young commies setting the world to rights in their lunch hour.

_________________
People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.


Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
Book I, Chapter X, Part II,


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank » IMF Watch (IRL)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com