Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank » IMF Watch (IRL)

Post subject: 130% of Minister Salary
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm 
Homeless

Please see below for a new law that came in force in the Netherlands. Basically a salary cap is put in place in the (semi-) public sector of 130% of minister salary. This measure is taken in a triple A solvent country in order to get/maintain a healthy financial policy.

Why is it this not happening in Ireland? I know of the Croke park deal etc. But what I cant get my head around is, why is this not initiated from within govenrment circles. Surely with having the righ set of intrinsic values (like eg leading by example) this should be initiated? If a broke country would not be enough of an incentive that is....

From http://www.telegraaf.nl/feed/21190976/_ ... den__.html

People with a top position in the Government or the semipublic sector (e.g. care and educational institutions) may henceforth not earn more than 130 percent of a ministerial salary. That is a law that regulates Tuesday force. The maximum annual salary now comes including expenses and pension contributions to lie on 228.599 euro.The law also regulates a maximum redundancy payment of 75,000 euros and a ban on bonuses, profit-sharing and other forms of variable remuneration.There is a transitional arrangement for incumbents. They keep the salary for four years that they had in the autumn of 2011, when the law in the second Room was treated. Then it goes down gradually.Home Affairs Minister Ronald Plasterk calls it of great importance that there is now a law that restricts the top incomes in the public sector. According to the coalition agreement the maximum incomes in the (semi) public sector even further: to 100 percent of the ministers salary. That has yet to be legally regulated.

Post subject: Re: 130% of Minister Salary
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm 
Neo Landlord

In Ireland, ministers salaries are already linked to senior civil servants salaries . The linkage is approximately 1:1 AFAIK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm 
Too Big to Fail

We can't make laws like that in this country. But I don't know why we cannot.

'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing & moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,' - Bertie Ahern 04/07/07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 pm 
Homeless

LibertarianAtheist wrote:
In Ireland, ministers salaries are already linked to senior civil servants salaries . The linkage is approximately 1:1 AFAIK

This law transplanted in Ireland would also mean HSE boss, Pat Kenny and Marion Finucane would be included in the 130% rule...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Simo Sepper wrote:
LibertarianAtheist wrote:

This law transplanted in Ireland would also mean HSE boss, Pat Kenny and Marion Finucane would be included in the 130% rule...

great news

so all the government ministers would get a pay rise, and so would the senior civil servants and so would................

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank » IMF Watch (IRL)