Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reasons not to vote for Sinn Féin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Epicurus wrote:
He was prepared, God knows for what. not many normally carry a set of bolt cutters in the car. Well inside that yellow box it looks from the video. A fair cop

Mary Lou - in interview - has no knowledge of bolt cutters :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

dolanbaker wrote:
Mantissa wrote:
Sinn Fein’s policing spokesman cuts clamp off car

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/02 ... sinn-fein/

Judging by the reaction on other forums, clampers are considered even lower than SF by many, the guy is even getting support from loyalist leaning posters.

To be fair it is a close call :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

FreeFallin wrote:
Another SF Councillor resigns over claims of bullying
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 67785.html
Quote:
A councillor who has alleged that Sinn Féin ignored a string of bullying complaints and turned a blind eye to an assault has resigned from the party.
Dublin city councillor Noeleen Reilly has resigned from the party with immediate effect, alleging she was the victim of "an orchestrated bullying campaign".
Ms Reilly alleges she was assaulted by a person close to Dublin Northwest TD Dessie Ellis and this weekend released a series of images showing injuries she claims were sustained during the assault.

Thats quiet a few they've lost in the past few years

Mere Coincidence - there is no evidence of a bullying culture in Sein Fein.

They know where you live if you want to differ :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

dolanbaker wrote:
Mantissa wrote:
Sinn Fein’s policing spokesman cuts clamp off car

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/02 ... sinn-fein/

Judging by the reaction on other forums, clampers are considered even lower than SF by many, the guy is even getting support from loyalist leaning posters.

I see RTE and BBC making a big deal about this but doubt it will do SF/Kelly any harm at all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Eoin O'Broin on Morning Ireland earlier claimed that Kelly was illegally clamped and knew this as soon as he saw it. So he popped back into the gym and borrowed some bolt cutters to remove the clamp.
And that was that although the ever articulate Eoin did say he wouldn't have undertaken such a course of action himself.

It must be tough for the new breed of Shinners...middle class, well educated, articulate..to have to continuously defend dinosaurs like Gerry(s)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am 
Nationalised

It seems he tried ringing the clamping company, and when that failed he borrowed the bolt cutters from the gym in order to get to Stormont for meetings.

I'm outraged!!! He damaged a clamp!!! Grrrr.....

And then the party investigated a bullying allegation and suspended someone!!! wtf???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:04 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Coles2 wrote:
It seems he tried ringing the clamping company, and when that failed he borrowed the bolt cutters from the gym in order to get to Stormont for meetings.

And then the party investigated a bullying allegation and suspended someone!!! wtf???

Move along, nothing to see here :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Coles2 wrote:

In his haste to get to a Sunday morning meeting, the option of criminal damage vs getting a taxi was preferred.

Good republican are a class onto their own.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm 
Nationalised

Luan wrote:
Coles2 wrote:

In his haste to get to a Sunday morning meeting, the option of criminal damage vs getting a taxi was preferred.

Good republican are a class onto their own.

they take the Sabbath very seriously up there!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm 
Property Magnate

Coles2 wrote:

an upstanding citizen like all of the rest :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Seems a pit ironic that he was at a gym (presumingly to get fit) that he only had to walk a few metre to a carpark!

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm 
Real Estate Developer

I'm not sure that any of the recent stuff on here (bullying, parking) should be viewed as the sole preserve of Sinn Fein. These things are based on the arrogance, entitlement and distance from reality that is pretty much par for the course in all the dinosaur parties (and I include SF in that category). The behaviour of the political class in their committee rooms and in the public domain illustrates that. Those kind of attitudes have only served to poison the publics interest in getting involved in the political process (and that may well be deliberate).In the case of Gerry Kelly he obviously thought that his time was more important than anyone elses -
1. If the meeting was that important he should have put enough money in the meter to cover his stay. The reason you get clamped is because you haven't paid for a space that someone else might have wanted to use and was willing to pay for (or else you've parked in a place that inconveniences other people who are not as important as you). He's being punished for an anti-social act.
2. As someone pointed out above he could have easily got a taxi and sorted out the clamp later
3. If you're on the policing committee you have to be a special kind of stupid to think that the solution to the problem is to carry out a bit of criminal damage.

Since SF believe in community justice they could perhaps have him sentenced to work for free as a clamper for a month.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 pm 
Property Magnate

A lot of private clamping companies are unscrupulous scumbags. For them it’s nothing to do with freeing up needed parking spaces but trying to extort money from those who sometimes unwittingly contravene some private regulation. (NB - I don’t know the circumstances of this particular case)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 71089.html

"I remembered that the gym had a set of bolt cutters and I borrowed them."

So, Kelly "remembered" that a gym had a set of bolt cutters? In what context would he have remembered such a thing, I wonder?

(I'm thinking of popping down to my local library this weekend to borrow a jack-hammer.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 pm 
Nationalised

Maybe someone lost the lock to their bicycle! Grrrr..! I'm absolutely fucking outraged. How dare someone do something like this to a clamp! What a total bastard.

Any word from the Disclosures Tribunal, by the way?
:lol:

Any word on why FF/FG won't allow an inquiry into Bill Kennelly?

Any word on why the National Broadband fiasco has died on it's arse?

No let's be outraged by some lad damaging a fucking clamp.

Last edited by Coles2 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next