Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:08 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2009
Posts: 5311
Location: Utopia
sorehead wrote:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0721/716202-callely/

As of this edition of their article they've not mentioned the name of the minister (Frances Fitzgerald) once, I find it hard to believe RTE would have avoided mentioning the name had it been Alan Shatter. As this relates to an older decision it could easily lead to confusion over who was involved.
Confusion with whom, Nora Owen? Máire Geoghegan-Quinn? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:22 pm 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Dec 3, 2008
Posts: 553
Coles2 wrote:
Homeboy wrote:
News: Minister's decision on Callely's release quashed by High Court.
While I have nothing but contempt for Callely this decision shines a very damning light on the Minister for Justice.


Yes, I'd imagine SF will be quicker to let prisoners out early if they get their hands on the Minister of Justice posiition, a general amnesty perhaps on the cards?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:26 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jul 26, 2009
Posts: 14892
Sale agreed for more than €4m on prime seafront site once owned by politician - -> http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 95006.html

Quote:
The site was bought by a partnership including Mr Callely and three others in 2007 for €10m. However, a receiver was appointed by Investec bank last year, which was owed €8m.
Sold by DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald, planning permission is in place for 15 houses, four apartments and a retail unit.
Planning permission was sought by the receiver, Simon Coyle, and included the demolition of two derelict houses.
The land was sold last month, but contracts have yet to be signed. DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald said it could not comment, but it is understood the land fetched in excess of €4m.

there is more


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
caledonia wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Homeboy wrote:
News: Minister's decision on Callely's release quashed by High Court.
While I have nothing but contempt for Callely this decision shines a very damning light on the Minister for Justice.


Yes, I'd imagine SF will be quicker to let prisoners out early if they get their hands on the Minister of Justice posiition, a general amnesty perhaps on the cards?
SF? Sherry Fitzgerald? And what prisoners are you talking about?

The point here, which you clearly missed, is that the rules for remission are supposed to be applied without political fear or favour. The current FG Minister for Justice has interfered with that process.

Anyway, how is everything going with Identity Ireland? The mask has slipped there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Dec 3, 2008
Posts: 553
Coles2 wrote:
caledonia wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Homeboy wrote:
News: Minister's decision on Callely's release quashed by High Court.
While I have nothing but contempt for Callely this decision shines a very damning light on the Minister for Justice.


Yes, I'd imagine SF will be quicker to let prisoners out early if they get their hands on the Minister of Justice posiition, a general amnesty perhaps on the cards?
SF? Sherry Fitzgerald? And what prisoners are you talking about?

The point here, which you clearly missed, is that the rules for remission are supposed to be applied without political fear or favour. The current FG Minister for Justice has interfered with that process.

Anyway, how is everything going with Identity Ireland? The mask has slipped there.


Identity Ireland? That's a good one, I thought you lot want to smear me as an Indo-reading arch-Unionist? Which is it?
I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for the loony right in the same way as I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for those parties who members thought (and stil think) that planting bombs in pubs and shops was a good idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:27 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
caledonia wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Anyway, how is everything going with Identity Ireland? The mask has slipped there.


Identity Ireland?

I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for the loony right...

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve. It's just stirring up hatred.

Your gang's reaction to Sinn Fein running a black candidate said more about you guys than them.

Image



And I have repeatedly said that I'm not a member of any political party. Why do you keep on suggesting that I am? It gets a bit tiresome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:47 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Posts: 2150
Coles2 wrote:
caledonia wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Anyway, how is everything going with Identity Ireland? The mask has slipped there.


Identity Ireland?

I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for the loony right...

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve. It's just stirring up hatred.

Your gang's reaction to Sinn Fein running a black candidate said more about you guys than them.

Image



And I have repeatedly said that I'm not a member of any political party. Why do you keep on suggesting that I am? It gets a bit tiresome.


Where the fck did that poster come from.......

Sickening bad taste/joke


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:05 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Apr 4, 2010
Posts: 4718
I'm sure this is all very amusing, but what's it got to do with a greasy toerag on the fiddle?

_________________
People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.


Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
Book I, Chapter X, Part II,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10825
Madness of Crowds wrote:
I'm sure this is all very amusing, but what's it got to do with a greasy toerag on the fiddle?

I believe that can cause quite nasty fiddle hickeys. Better to use a clean one if at all possible.

ImageImage

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:22 pm 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Dec 3, 2008
Posts: 553
Madness of Crowds wrote:
I'm sure this is all very amusing, but what's it got to do with a greasy toerag on the fiddle?


When you challenge SF or any of their fanboys they start to throw all this diversionary crap around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:32 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17351
Location: To the right of the decimal place
Coles2, you are implying that Caledonia supports Identity Ireland. I hope you have a citation for that and are not just mud-slinging.

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
Mantissa wrote:
Coles2, you are implying that Caledonia supports Identity Ireland. I hope you have a citation for that and are not just mud-slinging.
Oh? Irony much? I don't remember anyone asking for a citation whenever I get labelled a Sinn Fein member despite repeatedly stating that I'm not. Indeed if I recall correctly you yourself are usually at the forefront of such statements.

Anyway, caledonia clearly stated that he supports them out of his own self respect.

caledonia wrote:
I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for the loony right...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:55 am 
Offline
Holiday Home Owner

Joined: May 12, 2010
Posts: 344
Coles2 wrote:
Anyway, caledonia clearly stated that he supports them out of his own self respect.

caledonia wrote:
I have more cop on and self-respect not to vote for the loony right...

In fairness, that was probably a Freudian slip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:23 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Aug 4, 2007
Posts: 5294
Location: Ahernistan
It's deja vu all over again 8DD

Quote:
Judge Coghlan noted from his statement of means that Callely has €2,500 in living expenses. The former politician said it was €800 a week, which he claimed was an amount set out by an insolvency advisor for “reasonable living”.

Judge Coghlan was not satisfied with the documentation furnished by the ex-politician and told him that he was not interested in third party information which described as estimates. He said he was interested in forensic evidence.

“I am not a bit impressed by this performance Mr Callely,” said Judge Coghlan, adding, “this is a very serious point, this is coming to the end of the rope”. He told him that an instalment order is in place and he has failed to make any repayments and this was nothing short of a contempt of at least two court orders, the judgement and the instalment order.

He said he was giving him a month to produce full explanations for “every penny of his income”. He said he was giving him a formal warning that he will require a “full root and branch” vouched statement of means setting out his income and a schedule of his expenditure.


Can someone give Ivor some receipts so he can get the nasty Judge off his back :roll:

_________________
"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Callely arrested over mobile phone receipts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:55 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 12059
Ivor needs a few quid for his annual romp with totty on a boat down in Cork, surely some mean judge won't deprive him of that. ???

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS   

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster

  

Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!