Board index » The Soup

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: GE16 - Government Formation Watch
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Leo throwing shapes, Coveney jumps on the bandwaggon.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/po ... 64555.html

The clock is ticking for Enda and putting James Reilly as deputy leader might have been the proverbial straw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:35 pm 
Nationalised

HouseBuyer wrote:
Talk about rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic...

Also in this instance vision = career

The days and nights of Sept 27-28th 2008 treason is still alive and well.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:37 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Realistically, how long more can Enda last?
Brexit, Healthcare, Housing, Water charges, No proper long term vision of Ireland, Gaffes all over the place...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:13 pm 
IMF'd

temene wrote:
Realistically, how long more can Enda last?
Brexit, Healthcare, Housing, Water charges, No proper long term vision of Ireland, Gaffes all over the place...

FF will not pull the gun before Brexit is concluded.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 am 
Under CAB Investigation

There was some article in one of the papers over the weekend claiming that Enda had lost a lot of support as a result of his promotion of the idea of a coalition with, of all else, SF.

Apparently this did not go down well with TD in Louth region.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 74356.html

If it was just FG TD's then I'd say that would be it.
But the most of them are mad hungry for the higher salaries of being in government (given the ministerial appointments) and as Yoga says FF are going to allow it.

Enda is perfect really when you think about it.
He is old, cranky enough in appearance, a teacher.
Just a patsy for the machine. He knows it and is soaking it up.
For now, he's the perfect Fall Guy!

And you'll notice that it's he's in the couch while others take care of the action!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:25 pm 
Nationalised

jmc wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
I cannot f-n believe that Zappone is going to become a Minister. Unbelievable.

Will she change her route to work now or still persist with the BS to get extra €'s?
http://www.thejournal.ie/katherine-zapp ... 3-Apr2016/

A friend moved a few years ago to Spokane, Washington (her home town) I'm tempted to find out what the local scuttlebutt is about her. The first time I saw her she struck me as a complete fraud. A total bullshitter. I've met her sort before. I'm sure there is a very interesting local backstory. A not very flattering one.

Interestingly the current referendum caused this to be unearthed on Zappone

Quote:
"The ancient traditions of witchcraft and Goddess worship provide rich sources for [...theological] reflection." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.21)
"I have participated in ...rituals facilitated by Starhawk [a world-famous witch] ...where we celebrated the presence of earth, fire, air, and water in our own lives." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.33)

"...in journeying with other feminists, I have found that the sacred stories of Goddess religions affect my imagination in ways the Jesus story never will. Narratives of the Goddess, hymns to and images of her unequivocally symbolize the power and goodness of the female." – Katherine Zappone (1) (p.39)

"For human life to be rich, joyful, loving, it must be the freely given gift of the Mother – through the human mother ...To coerce a woman ...to bear an unwanted child is immoral. It denies her the right to exercise her own sacred will and conscience, robs her of her humanity, and dishonors the Goddess manifest in her being." – Starhawk, Dreaming the Dark (p.39)

She wrote a book, did you find that?

For e.g. it can be ordered on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Wholeness-S ... 0896224953

Quote:
Dr Zappone in her book, The Hope for Wholeness (1991), we will start with Starhawk (the Craft name of Miriam Simos, a high- level witch who studied under generational Luciferian, Zsuzsanna Budapest):

"...Witchcraft is a religion, perhaps the oldest religion extant in the West ...The Old Religion, as we call it, is closer in spirit to Native American traditions or to the shamanism of the Arctic." – The Spiral Dance (p.26-27)

"The importance of the Goddess symbol for women cannot be overstressed. The image of the Goddess inspires women to see ourselves as divine, our bodies as sacred ...and our power to nurture and create, but also to limit and destroy when necessary, as the very force that sustains all life." – The Spiral Dance (p.33-34)

Quotes src: http://childinthewomb.com/index_htm_fil ... ligion.pdf

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:08 pm 
Nationalised

Ixelles wrote:
Pretty mental stuff.

Just to be clear, the bit about 'to limit and destroy when necessary' appears to be a quote from 'Starhawk' - who is some American called Miriam.

As far out as all of this seems to be - I'd never heard of any of it until 20 mins ago - it's a far cry from what was alleged in pizzagate. I doubt lesbian earth-witches (amazingly, not even an offensive term in this instance!) are just not that into paedophilia.

Its appears one Twitter account that posted same info is now suspended - https://twitter.com/claffe_john/status/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:50 pm 
Nationalised

Thing Fish wrote:
This passage from 7% first preference zappone makes me think that there is a lot behind #pizzagate

So because an Irish academic allegedly described witchcraft in an academic book 27 years ago you believe that Hillary Clinton ran a child sexual abuse ring from the basement of a pizza restaurant that does not have a basement?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Zappone is dumb enough to write about it, and Podesta is dumb enough to get his emails hacked.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:40 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Podesta is pretty dumb in other ways.
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/revie ... conspiracy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am 
Nationalised

Which are you alleging - sex with children? Lesbians? Women? Democrats? People living in the USA? People named "Hillary"?

Interesting as your posts are, spreading falsehoods like this can actually cause physical danger to people.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:15 am 
Under CAB Investigation

:lol: Lesbian witches have an impeccable record of not being remotely into child abuse. This is not the paedophile ring you are looking for

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:36 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Fair point!

On Zappone and govt formation, I guess she has between two and 10 months left and will never again be relevant.

Recent experience with independents has been a bit of an eye-opener. Independent Alliance are a laughing stoke - flipping coins for ministries etc. And then there's Shane Ross. Zappone has been fairly focused on her job, to be fair.

What does it mean for next time?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:21 am 
Too Big to Fail

Ixelles wrote:
Fair point!

Recent experience with independents has been a bit of an eye-opener. Independent Alliance are a laughing stoke - flipping coins for ministries etc. And then there's Shane Ross. Zappone has been fairly focused on her job, to be fair.

That's New Politics for you.

It's tragically comical. I'd place it above a complete tragedy though so well done them 8DD

The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:58 pm 
Nationalised

any thoughts as to why the SocDems haven't made a breakthrough in the polls?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » The Soup