Post subject: Re: Fianna Fail merger with SDLP?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:11 am 
Under CAB Investigation

GameBlame wrote:
Thing Fish wrote:
some of you guys in the Dublin Rathdown constituency will have Justin McAleese to vote as your FF #1 in the next general election.

Personally I think there's a fair chance that old McAleese is gone a bit loopy for whatever reason. And it will harm young McAleese's chances if she doesn't pipe down. But if she really is loopy she's not in control and can't.

She studied for years to be a Canon lawyer, and now starts cribbin' that she cant work as a canon lawyer.
She must think there's a market for Catholicism-lite, which will be the palatable face of The Handmaid's Tale.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:07 am 
Nationalised

Thing Fish wrote:
GameBlame wrote:
Thing Fish wrote:
some of you guys in the Dublin Rathdown constituency will have Justin McAleese to vote as your FF #1 in the next general election.

Personally I think there's a fair chance that old McAleese is gone a bit loopy for whatever reason. And it will harm young McAleese's chances if she doesn't pipe down. But if she really is loopy she's not in control and can't.

She studied for years to be a Canon lawyer, and now starts cribbin' that she cant work as a canon lawyer.
She must think there's a market for Catholicism-lite, which will be the palatable face of The Handmaid's Tale.

People who want Catholicism lite don't study canon law, they study the back of the head of the next bored parishioner at Mass. Mary wants to keep Catholicism heavy, she just wants to remake the church in her own image. She calls it "a primary global carrier of the virus of misogyny". It's a nice rhetorical slapdown but not, I would have thought, the greatest way to get yourself elected to the board of directors.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:29 pm 
Neo Landlord

surely the Anglicans are already Catholicism-Lite, why doesn't she join them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 pm 
Nationalised

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/p ... 07916.html

No, not a token gay, no siree. It's Fianna Fail Nua!!

Quote:
FF big guns back LGBT activist for EU elections

Two of Fianna Fail's most senior TDs have thrown their weight behind LGBT activist Tiernan Brady's bid to represent the party in next year's EU elections.

Fianna Fail deputy leader Dara Calleary and the party's justice spokesman Jim O'Callaghan are backing Mr Brady to be the party's candidate in the Dublin constituency.

However, Mr Brady is facing tough competition for the nomination from former Fianna Fail ministers Mary Hanafin, Barry Andrews and Conor Lenihan.

All four have been canvassing support among Dublin-based Fianna Fail members in recent weeks.

Mr O'Callagan said the former ministers were great candidates but he has decided to back Tieran.

"I think his profile and his background is very interesting and it will appeal to voters beyond traditional Fianna Fail voters," he said.

"I think members realise he has the capacity to grow Fianna Fail's vote in Dublin and he has been received very well," he added.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 am 
Under CAB Investigation

In fairness, he worked for Pat The Cope when The Cope was an MEP and I suppose he must be a good campaigner. Hope he has the diversity of expertise to make a difference in Brussels/Strasbourg. The European Parliament works out well for people who get into the detail of policy and understand the EU machine - e.g. Mairead McGuinness. Mind you, she was only a journalist when she was elected and now she's VP of the Parliament.

Someone like Barry Andrews would be a better bet for the Dublin constituency - a former minister, not a semi-retired FF politician looking for one more lap with the pension collection plate, and also knows his way around development/international agencies etc. (I'm not Barry Andrews, in case anyone asks! Met him at an event once. Found him normal and earnest-in-a-good-way)

Who are FG and Labour putting up?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Will Mary Hanafin not just get the fek off the stage. She just won't go away.
I though Conor would be above democracy now that he's so well in with Oligarch's in Russia. But that was always just spin
And Andrews hardly covered himself in glory while in charge of Goal, a gig he got on the back of his FF past. So he can f off too