Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools » Pinster Prepare » Shelter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Gimme Shelter - Building a Cabin.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:36 am 
Old Time Landlord

That is amazeballoons!!! I want to make one. Amazing what you can do with time and relatively little money. Definitely looking into this for my Walden Pond dream.

grateful wrote:
Irish guy Dominic Stevens
http://www.irishvernacular.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 am 
Nationalised

fireflynn wrote:
That is amazeballoons!!! I want to make one. Amazing what you can do with time and relatively little money. Definitely looking into this for my Walden Pond dream.

grateful wrote:
Lots of previous threads on this forum mentioning Dominic Stevens. Worth a search.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:42 am 
Old Time Landlord

Cheers Coles. First post I have seen on him. Very interested to read up more on his ideas. Fair play to him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:49 am 
Nationalised

'Sheltermaker' tells students how to build homes without a mortgage, - IrishTimes

Quote:
A SELF titled “sheltermaker” will address students at University College Cork tonight advising how to build mortgage free homes.
Peter Cowman launches his “Sheltermaker’s Manual” at Cloughjordan eco-village in Tipperary tomorrow, Friday offering an alternative approach to prospective homeowners. Cowman will outline methods of eco-building that can be completed without planning permission for under ¤10,000.

Inspiration Homes.

Last edited by Coles2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:52 am 
Old Time Landlord

Tip o the hat to you Coles. I love this stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Great links, Coles. So sick of trying to find a home that doesn't cost me every penny and every minute of my life to repay, it's very heartening and inspirational to read about what these good people are doing. Feck mortgages and the day job!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm 
First Time Buyer

[quote="fireflynn"]That is amazeballoons!!! I want to make one. Amazing what you can do with time and relatively little money. Definitely looking into this for my Walden Pond dream.

“A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to leave alone.” - Everyone should have this quote attached to their CC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Coles2 wrote:
fireflynn wrote:

grateful wrote:
Lots of previous threads on this forum mentioning Dominic Stevens. Worth a search.

Thanks, did the search. What really impressed me in the brief interview they did with him on the programme was how simple and rustic the materials he used in his house were. When we were building our house I got into reading too many home and design magazines , which only include costly, new and perfect materials. It's refreshing and inspiring to see someone who used lots of very basic and inexpensive finishes and yet created something lovely and homely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools » Pinster Prepare » Shelter