Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Tesla build 5K Model 3's in a week for the first time.

The Guardian wrote:
Scraping in through Tesla’s latest self-imposed deadline of the end of the second quarter, the 5,000th Model 3 reportedly rolled off the production line at about 5am on 1 July in California.

In an email sent to Tesla staff and obtained by electric car site Electrek, the chief executive, Elon Musk, said: “We did it! What an incredible job by an amazing team.”

Musk also revealed that the company produced 2,000 of its more expensive Model S and Model X cars, bringing the total number of cars produced to 7,000 in one week and triggering celebrations from workers across the company.......

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 pm 
Nationalised

tulip wrote:
Silicon Republic wrote:
We want to make Ireland the centre of the universe for autonomous cars

Speaking at Inspirefest 2018, Jaguar Land Rover’s John Cormican said that Ireland’s west coast is a hotbed of autonomous car activity and could one day rival Detroit in stature.

While we tend to look at what’s going on in Silicon Valley and China for the latest in autonomous car development, little do people know that Ireland is quietly becoming one of Europe’s biggest developmental hotbeds for the technology.

‘Driving’ much of this development is the recently established Jaguar Land Rover automotive research centre in Shannon, Co Clare. This centre is not only developing the technology for electric vehicles, but also aims to give those vehicles Level 4 autonomy
But even beyond this, the west of Ireland is an ideal proving ground for self-driving cars given that unlike the dry, straight roads in California and Arizona, Ireland has some of the most challenging driving conditions possible.

“We have grass on the road, we have sheep on the road, we have stones on the road, we have potholes and we have very interesting weather conditions,” he said.

“If we can get this right for the west of Ireland, we can do it anywhere in the world.”

Who'd a thunk our shitty roads would be an asset!

a friends father worked in the Customs way back and said that manufacturers used to bring in new models to test them on Irish roads then - 60s or so I reckon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:23 am 
Real Estate Developer

Whats his game over in Thailand? I know nothing about engineering, and less about cave diving, but seemed pretty obvious his survival pod was bullshit that would end up killing people if they were stupid enough to try and use it (which was never going to happen). They had started bringing people out of the cave and he's tweeting video of his pod being used in a large swimming pool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 am 
Under CAB Investigation

inregionof wrote:
Whats his game over in Thailand? I know nothing about engineering, and less about cave diving, but seemed pretty obvious his survival pod was bullshit that would end up killing people if they were stupid enough to try and use it (which was never going to happen). They had started bringing people out of the cave and he's tweeting video of his pod being used in a large swimming pool.

publicity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:26 am 
Under CAB Investigation

The most dangerous part of that rescue would appear to be the choke point which the pod would be useless for. You would have to get out of the pod, put on the face mask and climb up the submerged U bend choke point and then get back in a different pod. I think Elon really does think he's Tony Stark.

--Epictetus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 am 
Too Big to Fail

tulip wrote:
The most dangerous part of that rescue would appear to be the choke point which the pod would be useless for. You would have to get out of the pod, put on the face mask and climb up the submerged U bend choke point and then get back in a different pod. I think Elon really does think he's Tony Stark.

Indeed, and how would you get the deeper pod past the choke point in the first place? Teleport it in at Warp 9 through a Hyperloop? :?

Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
Book I, Chapter X, Part II,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:09 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Fucking hell, he actually showed up in Thailand with his pod as they were halfway into the resuce mission and left the useless piece of crap with them. He is a strange man.

Great news that they managed to get them all out, an absolutley extraordinary story.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Why was Elon Musk at the Thai cave rescue?
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44779998

tbh, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Remember a few days ago, before the rescue how the media described the situation. It sounded very dire.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:47 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Come on. He was helping develop Plan D. In the end it wasn't needed.

He originally stated on twitter
Quote:
I suspect that the Thai govt has this under control, but I’m happy to help if there is a way to do so

He had SpaceX and Boring Company engineers working on it and some went to Thailand to see if they could help.
You can't question that they are some of the best minds available.

They had developed a pod, or mini-sub, which worked in a pool with a human inside.
They also developed a 30cm shorter version.
They also made an inflatable test version to check if it could fit around the choke point.
Cave divers in Thailand believed it could fit too.

Check his "tweets with replies" for full details.

This team managed to do all this in a week.

I almost finished painting my front door.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Elon Musk rubbishes claims his tiny submarine was "not practical" for Thai cave rescue
https://www.dezeen.com/2018/07/10/elon- ... ve-rescue/

Quote:
The billionaire also spoke out in response to the BBC's coverage of his actions, in an article that mentioned his net worth and referenced critics who claimed he was only helping as a self-serving PR stunt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:40 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Braighni wrote:

Quote:
I suspect that the Thai govt has this under control, but I’m happy to help if there is a way to do so

He had SpaceX and Boring Company engineers working on it and some went to Thailand to see if they could help.

They had developed a pod, or mini-sub, which worked in a pool with a human inside.
They also made an inflatable test version to check if it could fit around the choke point.

Thanks for the extra info. The inflatable submersible sounds interesting. It sounds like a punchline to a Kerryman joke.

--Epictetus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:50 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

A really interesting long read on the Tesla vs Shorts (Chanons) story.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... rs.118431/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Braighni wrote:

Quote:

One of the guys who actual did save the kids calls out the dotcom bullshitting blowhard.

Musk is a coked out media whore who is utterly shameless in sticking his nose in to every media story that will feed his narcissistic cravings for attention. The sooner he is indicted for fraud, criminal negligence, criminal conspiracy, negligent manslaughter etc and sent to jail the better.

He should stick to snorting nose candy and schmoozing with the Amanda Heard set where this sort of self aggrandizing horseshit is de regeur. Thats the only world he is qualified for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm 
Speculator

jmc wrote:
Braighni wrote:

Quote:

One of the guys who actual did save the kids calls out the dotcom bullshitting blowhard.

Musk is a coked out media whore who is utterly shameless in sticking his nose in to every media story that will feed his narcissistic cravings for attention. The sooner he is indicted for fraud, criminal negligence, criminal conspiracy, negligent manslaughter etc and sent to jail the better.

He should stick to snorting nose candy and schmoozing with the Amanda Heard set where this sort of self aggrandizing horseshit is de regeur. Thats the only world he is qualified for.

Elon Musk Calls Diver in Thai Soccer Team Rescue a Pedophile

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/101 ... edo-guy%2F

Says its suspicious that a British ex-pat diver lives in Thailand, later calls him Pedo Guy. Promises to bring the sub all the way in to where the kids were then all the way out again, pease God let that fail.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:16 pm 
Private Tenant

Quote:
Elon Musk Calls Diver in Thai Soccer Team Rescue a Pedophile

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/101 ... edo-guy%2F

Says its suspicious that a British ex-pat diver lives in Thailand, later calls him Pedo Guy. Promises to bring the sub all the way in to where the kids were then all the way out again, pease God let that fail.

There were points in the tunnel where divers had to take off their tanks and drag them behind them. There was also a section that was described as being like the U bend of a toilet that divers had to bend around. A more than 5ft long rigid tube with similar width to diver with tank on back is not going to have a hope. Either this will be the last you hear of it or he will blame deteriorating conditions and bury it.

Really living up to his new reputation as the Donald Trump of silicon valley.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 135  Next