Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Posts: 194
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...



Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)


My. How the mighty have fallen. That's the best you can do? I expected more.

Out of curiosity, was it a dominos or papa john's u were dropping off to hq?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10822
Eschatologist wrote:
jmc wrote:
If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

I honestly have no idea why you're here. It's clearly not to make friends or impress anyone.

By the same loose definition, I worked in that neighbourhood on and off for decades. You can't spin up and down the motorway without passing a bunch of household name tech companies. jmc sounds like those god-awful people I hear in Finnegans in Dalkey recounting their "how I met Bono in the jacks and got invoited to a porty in his house" stories.

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 2670
Location: Dublin SE
Two really interesting very honest videos on Tesla batteries for the Nerds among us including a deep dive into the Model 3 battery pack

Part 1: https://youtu.be/kGFiaWvD-KI

Part 2: https://youtu.be/TdUqQZC2dcE

_________________
"Perfect is the enemy of the good"
Voltaire (1694 - 1778)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Nov 6, 2006
Posts: 8895
Location: Hollywood
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/tesl ... me-2018-10

Quote:
Tesla just outsold Mercedes-Benz in the US for the first time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 10822
One for the naysayers ... Tesla just posted a quarterly profit!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tesla ... KKCN1MY2VG

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Sep 13, 2012
Posts: 5364
Tesla starting to ramp up the marketing in Ireland? For the expensive ones obvs.

Got this through e-mail.

It's not clear to me what "experience" means but unless it involves shredding tyres around Mondello for half a lap until the battery overheats I think I'll give it a miss.

Quote:
Join Tesla at a test drive event near you to experience our award-winning Model S or Model X.

During your appointment, you will have the opportunity to learn about our most advanced active safety and convenience features, how to charge a Tesla at home or on the road, and discover how an electric vehicle can fit seamlessly into your lifestyle.
Please RSVP below to reserve your appointment at a location and date convenient for you.

We look forward to seeing you.

Please note that Model 3 will not be at these events.

_________________
"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favour"
Tyrion Lannister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline
Back Home with Mammy

Joined: Jul 24, 2018
Posts: 63
ps200306 wrote:
One for the naysayers ... Tesla just posted a quarterly profit!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tesla ... KKCN1MY2VG

Good performance by Tesla. Commentary suggests a lot of high spec models this Q.
Interesting to see if they make inroads in China and how they lower costs models will effect profitability


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Feb 8, 2007
Posts: 5198
Interesting video on a Model 3 teardown.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Feb 21, 2008
Posts: 4408
quackquack wrote:
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...



Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)


My. How the mighty have fallen. That's the best you can do? I expected more.

Out of curiosity, was it a dominos or papa john's u were dropping off to hq?


Well as you seem to be the pizza delivery boy expert around here you can tell me. How many years have you been doing it?

Your postings are those of some guy who goes to public open days at tracks and therefor considers themselves some kind of car expert. I've known people like this. People who almost lived at Sears Point and Laguna Seco and were the automotive equivalent of wine-bores. Idiots one and all. I have also known people who actually knew a hell of a lot about cars and automotive engineering, like one of the top road rally car drivers in Mexico, of all places, for example. And like all true car engineering experts never ever came over as a complete twat. Unlike your postings here. Quite the opposite in fact.

The fact that you go on about stuff that has zero relevance to real life driving and car usage, like EV's drag racing like acceleration, tells it all. And the fact that you take professional placed PR stories seriously. Which is what most of the linked media stories were.

There are a lot more Model 3's around since Labor Day and the most striking thing about them is just how cheap they look. A $50K car that looks like a shoddy Chinese clone of the Hyundai Elantra. For something that cost as more than a 5 series BMW or an Audi 5 it sure looks cheap and tacky. Those with the more expensive paint job in certain colors looks almost as good as a Honda Accord. Which is half the price.

The real news this week is the criminal investigation of Tesla and Musk is well under way...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-faces-deepening-criminal-probe-over-whether-it-misstated-production-figures-1540576636

..but this stuff takes years.

There is one popular EV on the streets at the moment that looks quite nice and is not driven by the usual EV assholes - the BMW i3. But given that it is basically a $45K Honda Fit that has been tarted up with bells and whistles but still not great value for money. You can buy the Honda for under $20K. And its a very nice car to drive.

So like all EV's. Very expensive, massive depreciation, bad resale value and very expensive to repair. And costs tax payers a bundle. Again which begs the question - why? A fad that would not survive without the tax payers subsidies. If I did not have to pay non trivial amounts of money to subsidize this fad I could not give a rats ass if affluent virtue signalling pricks chose to spend their money on a dead end technology. Which is what EV's will prove to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Posts: 194
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...



Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)


My. How the mighty have fallen. That's the best you can do? I expected more.

Out of curiosity, was it a dominos or papa john's u were dropping off to hq?


Well as you seem to be the pizza delivery boy expert around here you can tell me. How many years have you been doing it?

Your postings are those of some guy who goes to public open days at tracks and therefor considers themselves some kind of car expert. I've known people like this. People who almost lived at Sears Point and Laguna Seco and were the automotive equivalent of wine-bores. Idiots one and all. I have also known people who actually knew a hell of a lot about cars and automotive engineering, like one of the top road rally car drivers in Mexico, of all places, for example. And like all true car engineering experts never ever came over as a complete twat. Unlike your postings here. Quite the opposite in fact.

The fact that you go on about stuff that has zero relevance to real life driving and car usage, like EV's drag racing like acceleration, tells it all. And the fact that you take professional placed PR stories seriously. Which is what most of the linked media stories were.

There are a lot more Model 3's around since Labor Day and the most striking thing about them is just how cheap they look. A $50K car that looks like a shoddy Chinese clone of the Hyundai Elantra. For something that cost as more than a 5 series BMW or an Audi 5 it sure looks cheap and tacky. Those with the more expensive paint job in certain colors looks almost as good as a Honda Accord. Which is half the price.

The real news this week is the criminal investigation of Tesla and Musk is well under way...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-faces-deepening-criminal-probe-over-whether-it-misstated-production-figures-1540576636

..but this stuff takes years.

There is one popular EV on the streets at the moment that looks quite nice and is not driven by the usual EV assholes - the BMW i3. But given that it is basically a $45K Honda Fit that has been tarted up with bells and whistles but still not great value for money. You can buy the Honda for under $20K. And its a very nice car to drive.

So like all EV's. Very expensive, massive depreciation, bad resale value and very expensive to repair. And costs tax payers a bundle. Again which begs the question - why? A fad that would not survive without the tax payers subsidies. If I did not have to pay non trivial amounts of money to subsidize this fad I could not give a rats ass if affluent virtue signalling pricks chose to spend their money on a dead end technology. Which is what EV's will prove to be.



I'm done listening to you and pity people who have to suffer your presence on a daily basis.
Nobody likes you. And it's easy to understand why.


Last edited by quackquack on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Feb 21, 2008
Posts: 4408
ps200306 wrote:
Eschatologist wrote:
jmc wrote:
If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

I honestly have no idea why you're here. It's clearly not to make friends or impress anyone.

By the same loose definition, I worked in that neighbourhood on and off for decades. You can't spin up and down the motorway without passing a bunch of household name tech companies. jmc sounds like those god-awful people I hear in Finnegans in Dalkey recounting their "how I met Bono in the jacks and got invoited to a porty in his house" stories.


You know I got your measure, technically, with your frankly deeply embarrassing paean to David Cutler as some kind of technical genius you posted a few years back. I did not get the impression you had read Show Stopper and its barely suppressed irony went above your head. Those who knew the real story of Cutler in Redmond and back in the Mill in Maynard, MA would have found your musings deeply funny as someone who was trying to be profound just sounded ludicrously portentous.

All I will say is that given that I have kept reasonably close tabs on the software business in Ireland since the early 80's and especially on those companies that had some kind of international success the fact that I could not immediately identify the company that you worked for means it must have been a minor player in a niche product area. Small fish, tiny pond. So those people you were talking to in my neck of the woods, I would have been dealing with their bosses boss more than likely. Hell, if I had not hated management so much, I probably would have been their bosses boss by that stage. As you seemed to have been to Infinite Loop at least once I have some funny stories about my dealings with Apple going back to the old Mariani One days. On the other side of DeAnza. Before the Loop. The meetings with the remnants of the original MacOS dev team in '86 being particularly memorable.

The Bono story is funnier than you could ever imagine. Never met him, never wanted to. Always thought he was a pain in the arse even when he was still living in Raheny. But the fact that I heard the Windmill Lane story of the recording of the first album first-hand from someone who was there at the time should tell just how small a place Dublin was back then. To those of us who actually knew some interesting people.

As for the pub, Finnegans, never been inside it. You are more likely to find me at the cafe at the other end of the main street. Castle St. The one with the surf boards hanging on the walls. The owner lived in Marina Del Ray for a while. Hence the surf boards. The barber around the corner from Finnegans, on Railway Road, gives a really good haircut. Very nice guy. Been a feature of the village for decades.

So, did you remember taking the No.8 bus from Eden Quay in the old days? I do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Feb 21, 2008
Posts: 4408
quackquack wrote:

Nobody likes you. And it's easy to understand why.


Interesting rejoinder. You now speak for everyone?

Anyway. A lot of people may disagree with me. Some have put up some very good counter arguments over the years. I have annoyed the hell out of some, but only goaded those who deserved it. My very American way of discussing subjects rubs a lot of people up the wrong way, but hey, it sometimes gets some very interesting results. Which is why we are all here. As an antidote to the utterly anodyne cliches that passes for public discussion in Ireland.

But in the end only history will tell who is right or who is wrong. In my opinion Musk is a conman and a fraud. In my opinion EV's are a massive misallocation of economic resources. They are based on erroneous science pushed by a group of political ideologues and those who see very easy money to be made. In my opinion the California Air Resources Board which has been the prime mover in the EV story over the last thirty years is utterly corrupt and remarkably incompetent and which has been embroiled in multiple scandals over the decades. In my opinion EV's only exist because of massive regulatory distortions and huge tax payers subsidies. Take away both and the EV industry would collapse very quickly.

I think history will prove me mostly right. But by default. As the West hobbles and destroys its national economies with artificially inflated energy and transportation costs while its main competitors, China, India etc cruise past the West with fast growing economies unencumbered with the quack science of Green and eco-nuts.

I have seen one states once very diverse, deep and robust economy destroyed by these policies over the last few decades so thats why I argue my position so trenchantly. EV's are a part of a completely insane and ultimately very destructible political ideology that has hijacked large parts of regulatory apparatus over the last few decades. These policies will ultimately slowly pauperize us all, especially our childrens generation. Squander our future.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you try a "your mama.." approach dont be too surprised if it turns out not being pleasant. Or not what you expected.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Oct 20, 2012
Posts: 1996
jmc wrote:
I think history will prove me mostly right. But by default. As the West hobbles and destroys its national economies with artificially inflated energy and transportation costs while its main competitors, China, India etc cruise past the West with fast growing economies unencumbered with the quack science of Green and eco-nuts.


China is going all in for EVs, its a country ran by engineers, they ran the numbers and long term EVs are cheaper, India is different, they don't have a well developed grid so like Africa they will stay with petrol/Diesel longer than most



Interesting video of a dual motor Model 3 Vs a BMW M3, the Model 3 cost $10K less and is cheaper to fuel, watch the video till the end, the BMW owner must feel like a sucker, I bet his next car is an EV, I can't think of any developed country in the world where petrol/Diesel costs less than electricity

jmc wrote:
I have seen one states once very diverse, deep and robust economy destroyed by these policies over the last few decades so thats why I argue my position so trenchantly. EV's are a part of a completely insane and ultimately very destructible political ideology that has hijacked large parts of regulatory apparatus over the last few decades. These policies will ultimately slowly pauperize us all, especially our childrens generation. Squander our future.


This is the old EVs are bad because subsidies argument, whats the bill for the oil wars in the Middle East up to now, how many trillion ? how many dead ? EVs are a bargain by comparison

_________________
Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:06 am 
Offline
Back Home with Mammy

Joined: Jul 24, 2018
Posts: 63
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
jmc wrote:
quackquack wrote:
Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...



Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)


My. How the mighty have fallen. That's the best you can do? I expected more.

Out of curiosity, was it a dominos or papa john's u were dropping off to hq?


Well as you seem to be the pizza delivery boy expert around here you can tell me. How many years have you been doing it?

Your postings are those of some guy who goes to public open days at tracks and therefor considers themselves some kind of car expert. I've known people like this. People who almost lived at Sears Point and Laguna Seco and were the automotive equivalent of wine-bores. Idiots one and all. I have also known people who actually knew a hell of a lot about cars and automotive engineering, like one of the top road rally car drivers in Mexico, of all places, for example. And like all true car engineering experts never ever came over as a complete twat. Unlike your postings here. Quite the opposite in fact.

The fact that you go on about stuff that has zero relevance to real life driving and car usage, like EV's drag racing like acceleration, tells it all. And the fact that you take professional placed PR stories seriously. Which is what most of the linked media stories were.

There are a lot more Model 3's around since Labor Day and the most striking thing about them is just how cheap they look. A $50K car that looks like a shoddy Chinese clone of the Hyundai Elantra. For something that cost as more than a 5 series BMW or an Audi 5 it sure looks cheap and tacky. Those with the more expensive paint job in certain colors looks almost as good as a Honda Accord. Which is half the price.

The real news this week is the criminal investigation of Tesla and Musk is well under way...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-faces-deepening-criminal-probe-over-whether-it-misstated-production-figures-1540576636

..but this stuff takes years.

There is one popular EV on the streets at the moment that looks quite nice and is not driven by the usual EV assholes - the BMW i3..

Just like the last SEC took years too settle..... Even when Musk gave them the Two Fingers it was settled in a few weeks. Plus the i3 is an ugly car. Not even the Germans buy it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Feb 21, 2008
Posts: 4408
propertyspire wrote:
Just like the last SEC took years too settle..... Even when Musk gave them the Two Fingers it was settled in a few weeks. Plus the i3 is an ugly car. Not even the Germans buy it.


That was just one complaint and one agency. There are a lot more in the pipeline from many more agencies. Plus the fact the local SEC office pushed it through so fast is a sign that something is afoot. Years is the usual time frame, months means they are really pissed off.

There will be a lot more where that came from. Once started it tends to be inexorable.

As for the i3. In the biggest EV market in the world, California, the i3 is doing very well. Very very well. There are plenty of them around the Bay Area at the moment. Although they do stand out and the Leaf and Volt both look very generic. Just another econobox. As BMW have a big R&D facility down the Peninsula they first appeared on the streets even before commercial release. Back in 2013 I think. I saw my first i8 in the flesh in the South Bay being road tested before its release. Nice looking car. But for the price of a new i8 I could get a really really nice Aston Martin with enough money left over to insure and run it for a few years. Even with gas at $4 a gallon.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS   

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster

  

Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!