Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Future

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1939 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

He's pulled that tweet. Mad thing to say about someone especially someone who has risked their lives to get a load of kids out of a cave.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Diver in Thai cave rescue considers legal action over Musk ‘pedo’ attack

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/a ... -1.3566493

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

What an idiot. This is madness. Every news site is running this story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Time for him to give twitter a rest, or at leat not use it while drunk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:05 pm 
Real Estate Developer

What an absolute scumbag Elon Musk is.

Are his products that shite that he has to pursue these opportunities for PR, even when peoples lives are at stake?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Some good news for Tesla, Mr Munro is finished his teardown

They may actually make a small profit by the end of the year

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

As most people know I'm one of Musk's biggest fans here but I'm not going to be his apologist.

He really dropped the ball here. The critics got under his skin and he lashed out which in its self is disappointing because it will embolden others to attack him with new vigour. But the target of his ire and throwing out a highly offensive unsubstantiated accusation is unedifying at best and frankly, I don't know what it is at worst but its pretty bad.

He has let everyone down on this one.

6 Days ago Musk released the email thread with the divers who were asking for his help and asked him specifically to keep developing the sub as they were worried about one of the kids. The email thread clearly shows someone who could help, being asked to help and then providing whatever help they could. This was clearly not a PR stunt.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-musk ... ?r=US&IR=T

That said, none of this excuses any of the tweets at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Terra Incognita wrote:
As most people know I'm one of Musk's biggest fans here but I'm not going to be his apologist.

He really dropped the ball here. The critics got under his skin and he lashed out which in its self is disappointing because it will embolden others to attack him with new vigour. But the target of his ire and throwing out a highly offensive unsubstantiated accusation is unedifying at best and frankly, I don't know what it is at worst but its pretty bad.

He has let everyone down on this one.

6 Days ago Musk released the email thread with the divers who were asking for his help and asked him specifically to keep developing the sub as they were worried about one of the kids. The email thread clearly shows someone who could help, being asked to help and then providing whatever help they could. This was clearly not a PR stunt.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-musk ... ?r=US&IR=T

That said, none of this excuses any of the tweets at all.

I would not believe a single word that comes out of the Musk organization. They have a substantial history by this stage of fabrications, distortions and outright lies. They have even been sending fraudulent info to CAL-OSHA about worker safety and accidents, FFS. Nothing is beyond them by this stage.

Musk has zero background in tech or engineering. Just a mediocre physics degree. In fact back in early 2000 his only brush with fame during the first dot com bubble was when he became a total laughing stock of the Valley and the poster child for the technically illiterate shit for brains dot com grifters when he was ousted from the nascent PayPal for ordering the IT dept to dump all their Unix servers and software and replace them with Windows. Thats about the time he moved down to LA. After that complete and total humiliation.

Serious tech industry people live in places like Palo Alto, Los Gatos, Atherton, Portola Valley, Woodside etc. Not in fucking Bel Air. For as long as I can remember Bel Air has always lived up to its reputation as where all the sleazy shysters and rich wannabe's live. Especially if they had nothing to do with The Biz. But its where Musk gravitated towards which tells you all you need to know about him. The bar for sleazy behavior among the sort of people who hang out in certain Bel Air social circles is very very low but the behavior in recent times of Musk and the people he hangs out with seems to have caused comment. Musk's recent bizarre and self destructive behavior makes perfect sense if the gossip is that its cokehead central on Chalon Dr. Heard has a long long track record in that regard.

I've heard some mutterings that Musks recent boorish and bizarre behavior must be part of a deliberate plan to get himself fired before the whole house of cards collapses and to lay the foundations for a defense strategy for the inevitable criminal trial afterwards. The problem with this theory is that pretty much all dot com cokeheads act just like Musk. When given the opportunity. Although usually on a much smaller public stage. There is zero forethought involved except for the sociopaths usual animal cunning. Which will only get them so far but its usually not enough to keep them out of prison indefinitely.

Given that Milliken and Madoff went to jail I see no reason why Musk wont follow the same path, sooner or later. I dont see him making a Delorean style escape from doing time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 am 
Real Estate Developer

Tesla investors demand Elon Musk apologize for calling Thailand diver 'pedo'
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/17/tesla-elon-musk-thailand-diver-pedo

Quote:
James Anderson, a partner at Baillie Gifford, Tesla’s fourth-largest shareholder, told the Guardian in an email on Tuesday that the company saw “the end of carbon as essential” but, was “frustrated that the real steps towards this are being overshadowed and undermined by this saga”.

Anderson said he agreed with some of Musk’s past remarks calling out critical analysts, “but this is different. We are in contact with the company and we are hopeful that it is being taken with due seriousness.” He said he would like to see “peace, quiet and execution” at the electric car company.

Not too long ago, Tesla was the company that EV'd Lotus Elise's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Eberhard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_PayPal

Edit:
Elon Musk apologises to Thai cave diver for Twitter attack
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44870303

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

snaps wrote:
Edit:

I don't think you could really call that an apology.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm 
IMF'd

DSE3Br wrote:
snaps wrote:
Edit:

I don't think you could really call that an apology.

Its along the lines of "I said is when I meant to say isn't" :/

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 am 
Under CAB Investigation

I always love the bio " Musk dropped out of a PhD after only 2 days" to focus on business.

So What? It doesn't indicate any form of intelligence.

I turned down a PhD in economics because I'm too lazy to do one. I decided not to bother doing one in Finance either.

Means sweet fa.

I've a relation who ran his own business a labor intensive SME & did a PhD at the same time. He didn't sleep on his office floor though and doesn't bang on about it. .

Time won't look kindly on Musk.

Then struts around like it won.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm 
Too Big to Fail

The ABC show Four Corners did a great documentary a few days ago about what happened during the Thailand cave rescue.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/out-of-the-dark/10000580

Extensive interviews with those involved, UK, US and Australian, and what becomes obvious very quickly is that Musks piece of media grandstanding about his stupid "submarine" had zero relevance to any possible rescue. His involvement was pure media coat-tailing on a high profile news story where he had less than zero to offer.

Musks subsequent libeling of Unsworth, who comes over as an exceptionally brave and competent cave diver in the interview, and a very plain spoken northern bloke, just illustrates what an utterly worthless piece of shit Musk is.

The sooner Musk goes down the better. A total fraud, a conman and as illustrated by this episode, and utterly contemptible little shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 am 
Homeless

Agreed he's a complete BS artist. But any publicity is good publicity?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:11 pm 
Nationalised

Rave review from Dan Neil of the WSJ (no fanboy) of the Tesla 3 performance model or whatever it's called
https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.wsj.com ... 1532022533

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1939 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Future