Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 am 
Real Estate Developer

Folks buy Tesla all over the world. Don't see how that's a scam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:00 am 
Real Estate Developer

@quackquack
There is some very advanced technology inside the Tesla this is true.
The electronics and the motor are amazing feats of engineering.
IMHO, the problem (for all EVs) is still the battery and its suitability for mass production and mass use.
How recyclable is it? -> % put back in remade batteries (waste) and energy required (cost) to do so. (closed loop system)
What is the batteries cycle capacity before degradation? -> Effects resale economics (& What is the cost of battery replacement?)

The French EV's were quite sophisticated. (There were many other French companies involved in their production)
They were designed around a particular brief.

I would agree with @JMC in that history shows us there are many hidden agendas, intrigues, plots, ploys, scams & schemes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_M ... conspiracy
This could be another one. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:30 pm 
Single Home Owner

Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:00 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Within the cult of technology Tesla is a sacred object.
When Tech bubble 2.0 pops, Tesla will fall,
and many a nerd will shed a tear.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:37 pm 
Single Home Owner

snaps wrote:
Within the cult of technology Tesla is a sacred object.
When Tech bubble 2.0 pops, Tesla will fall,
and many a nerd will shed a tear.

Evs will live on, and they are a lot more exciting to drive that diesels thankfully.

Dont get me wrong.
I race internal combustion engine cars.
But there is something about launching an suv 5 up and getting to 60 in 2.8 or so seconds or so that makes u realise that the world is changing.

And like him or hate him, musk was the Jobs of his era and his industry.

No amount of god awful leafs would have made that happen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Musk a great marketer, he's clever too. But it's not about him.
This is about the market and where we are in the cycle. He was bootstrapping all the way along but he now looks to be running out of runway.

As one of Tesla/Musks long time detractors say....the jaws are closing on Tesla.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/tesla-i ... -lutz.html

Musk's magic is fading: Is the "tech 2.0" bubble about to burst?
https://bigthink.com/mike-colagrossi/mu ... t-to-burst

In the long term a big clear out might be a good thing.
EV's will continue on after a crash and once the battery is cracked they'll be massive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:51 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Imagine if Tesla launched a proper basic model.
No bells or whistles, no autopilot kits, and a Fiat 500 trim.
Would probably be able to undercut the Leaf even in Ireland.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm 
Homeless

If/when the federal reserve raises interest rates enough its game over for a lot of companies and businesses that rely on the current bubble.
Tesla is one of them imo.
Tesla has nothing that is unique, it's a car with an electric motor.
Electric motors have been around longer than the ice.
I do admire musk playing the game though. His bs is quality bs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:19 am 
Single Home Owner

E92 335i wrote:
If/when the federal reserve raises interest rates enough its game over for a lot of companies and businesses that rely on the current bubble.

What it has uniquely though, is sales.
Tesla sold more cars than BMW in the US in August (cars only, not including SUVs/CUVs). Read that again!
Sales the German brands can only look back in awe at.

Not too sure why I am even defending them - But just hate to see bs go unanswered. (Not intended as a dig at you 335i)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 am 
Of Systemic Importance

But like BMW, they need options to make the margins.

Tesla aren't shipping cheap cars because they can't make cars cheap.

Elon Musk in May 2018 wrote:
Shipping min cost Model 3 right away wd cause Tesla to lose money & die. Need 3 to 6 months after 5k/wk to ship $35k Tesla & live.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:41 am 
Homeless

quackquack wrote:
E92 335i wrote:

What it has uniquely though, is sales.
Tesla sold more cars than BMW in the US in August (cars only, not including SUVs/CUVs). Read that again!
Sales the German brands can only look back in awe at.

Not too sure why I am even defending them - But just hate to see bs go unanswered. (Not intended as a dig at you 335i)

There good sales figures even allowing for the shite build quality as previously reported
It also shows there is not much point in building 6,000 a week if you are only selling 4,000 a week
Unless they sort the quality the desirability and sales will plummet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:46 am 
Real Estate Developer

Elon Musk: Tesla boss mocks US regulator days after settlement
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45754299

Quote:
The Tesla boss tweeted the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission", as he dubbed the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), was doing "incredible work".

Last weekend Mr Musk agreed to step down as Tesla chairman and pay a $20m (£15m) fine over tweets that he had funding to take Tesla private.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 am 
Too Big to Fail

quackquack wrote:
Jmc. If i had a tesla for every time u mentioned u live in cali, id have taken their last quarters entire production run. I doubt elon is too concerned with you passing his house giving him the finger. He probably has more interesting stuff to worry about/do.
I vaguely remember u mentioned that you drive mid-eighties bmws and claiming that their brakes were superior to modern cars, which is idiotic. My apologies if that wasnt u, but i am pretty sure it was.
Tax breaks for industries are nothing new. Why is there a bmw plant in spartenberg? Not too many electrics coming out of that....
Anyway, you seem to have plenty of tome to spit out Siri like rants, full of chunks of info, but making no overall sense.
The model 3 is outselling the bmw 3 series, just like the s outsells the 7. Bmw are very worried.....
Say hi to Elon the next time you meet. Im sure he'd love to hear your opinions...

Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am 
Too Big to Fail

snaps wrote:
Elon Musk: Tesla boss mocks US regulator days after settlement
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45754299

Quote:
The Tesla boss tweeted the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission", as he dubbed the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), was doing "incredible work".

Last weekend Mr Musk agreed to step down as Tesla chairman and pay a $20m (£15m) fine over tweets that he had funding to take Tesla private.

What is even more interesting is that one of the current rumors kicking around LA is that some of the entourage / hangers on are getting very worried about the party ending soon, no more cash, no more nose candy by the kilo, so they are talking about getting a 5150 for Musk. For "medical" reasons.

I think if there is any legs to the rumor its not a 5150 but some sort of conservatship application. Which would give all parties (except Musk) what they want. Either way, this looks like a death spiral by this stage. But as Keith Richards has proved, you can spiral for decades without catching the grim reapers blade. But Keith Richards, unlike Musk, is actually an engaging character who would be very interesting to meet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 am 
Of Systemic Importance

jmc wrote:
Well it seems your memory is just as dodgy as you critical faculties and reading comprehension. And you are still completely clueless on the subject. The best analogy I have for Irish people to illustrate when they have nt a clue about something is - you know when Irish Americans try to talk about Irish politics, they know so little about the subject they are not even wrong. Well, thats you on this particular subject.

Your rambling screed above says it all.

Get back to us when you actually know enough to have an informed opinion. There have been quiet a few informed posters here over the years. Often on the other side. I just throw in my stuff because I'm actually here, locally, and its not just something I read about in the ra-ra PR handout reprinting blogs. Which seems to be the source of most of the Musk knee-pad stories here.

If you ever need directions to the Tesla HQ just off Arestradero just let me know. Been working in the neighborhood on and off for decades. Dont ya know. Even been inside it, once. That in local parlance is the, go fuck yourself, blow off.

Have a nice day.

(sorry, that line was uncalled for)

I honestly have no idea why you're here. It's clearly not to make friends or impress anyone.

Open Window wrote:
The price of admission is civility.

An all too comfortable atmosphere is fostering a rather undeniable rise in the trend toward continuous Ad-hominem of all shapes and lazy sizes, often in the vein where familiarity breeds contempt. This activity must immediately cease.

thepropertypin.com moves to expedite the application of forum moderation, thus raising the actionable penalty so resolution of moderation duties can be carried out in the most efficient manner but regrettably with the most crude of means presently available to the Moderators and Admin.

Ad Hominem posts will now incur an irreversible username ban without warning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next