Post subject: 80% rise in unaccompanied minors arriving in Ireland.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 pm 
Nationalised

More children for Zappone.

Quote:
There has been an 80% increase over a three-year period in the number of unaccompanied minors arriving in Ireland and being referred to the child and family agency Tusla.

A report by the European Migration Network says that many of the unaccompanied minors wait years for clarity on whether they are legally entitled to remain.

The authors blame some of the delays on Tusla social workers who fear that if they apply to the authorities on the children's behalf, a negative decision would lead to the child absconding from foster care.

The European Migration Network is jointly funded by the European Union and national governments.

The report, which has been published by the Economic and Social Research Institute, recalls that in 2014, 97 minors arrived in Ireland without a responsible adult and were referred to Tusla, but that in 2017 the number almost doubled to 175.

The report attributes the acceleration to the global increase in refugee flows and to Ireland's commitment to dedicated schemes to accept under 18s.

The most common countries of origin were Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Syria and Ethiopia. 30% of the lone children were female and more than half were aged 16 and 17.

Last year, 22 unaccompanied minors arrived from camps in Greece while 41 came from unofficial settlements near Calais port.

While many were granted refugee status on arrival, the report says most unaccompanied minors have been arriving spontaneously, and that only a small proportion of them have secured an immigration status.

Read More here https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1204/10149 ... ed_minors/

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject: Re: 80% rise in unaccompanied minors arriving in Ireland.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:10 pm 
Old Time Landlord

I'm betting most of them aren't actually minors. Surprising if Ruhama don't find a way to leverage this for their stats either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:16 pm 
Too Big to Fail

It's well-known that families borrow money, to send a child to western nations to get right to remain/residency/asylum to bring the family over under reunification

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:17 pm 
Nationalised

owenm wrote:
I'm betting most of them aren't actually minors. Surprising if Ruhama don't find a way to leverage this for their stats either.

Did you try paddypower?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:23 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

My father had left home and joined the British Army when he was 16. Teenagers being treated as kids is a modern Western thing. Sending 15-16 year olds to a foreign country to work is what we did up to the 80's here.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm 
Nationalised

70% male

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 am 
Too Big to Fail

UK has similar problems.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ities.html
Quote:
Revealed: Adult asylum seeker who posed as a 15-year-old schoolboy to sit GCSEs 'is still being treated as a child by British authorities'

Parents say that government and the school have 'failed to protect our children'
Asylum seeker spent six weeks studying for his GCSEs at Stoke High in Ipswich
Refugee pupil allegedly told a fellow schoolboy he was a married father of two
Facebook images of him allegedly swigging beer with full beard also emerged

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am 
Real Estate Developer

tulip wrote:
My father had left home and joined the British Army when he was 16. Teenagers being treated as kids is a modern Western thing. Sending 15-16 year olds to a foreign country to work is what we did up to the 80's here.

It's not only Western, Asia is the same.