Post subject: technical query
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am 
Real Estate Developer

HI I am having a problem uploading a video edited in Premiere element 9 to a wordpress site. What happens is that Premiere generates a webdvd folder which is supposed to make the video very web friendly etc.

Now what happens actually is that the webdvd folder opens into its many files contained within.
There is no way to upload this to wordpress.

I have sought help from Adobe which by the way is the equivalent to sticking pins in your toes and was redirected to their element village. A kind mod made some suggestions but none of them work. He referred me back to wordpress - who referred me back to Adobe XX

Now I did learn that for some reason my browser is unzipping my downloaded folders.

I discovered this when downloading a new 'theme' - which also split open or unzipped into its many files and I was unable to upload to wordpress - So I zipped these files and it worked and I was able to upload the theme. Great sorted!

However :cry: when I tried the same thing with my webdvd - I rezipped the files it didn't work and so I still don't have a way to upload a premiere web dvd to wordpress.

Oh and if anyone knows a way to stop my browsers (I have firefox and safari) stop unzipping my downloaded zips it would be great I have been to settings in firefox but cannot see where to do it.

If anyone could help me with my webdvd I would really appreciate it as my back is to the wall with this...

Thanks from HS

Post subject: Re: technical query
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am 
Of Systemic Importance

I haven't a notion about Wordpress or Premiere, but for the unzipping can you check in Firefox what action you have defined for "Compressed (zip) folders" content type.
In my version of Firefox, this is under Tools > Options > Applications - there's a list of Content types and for zip archives I have set the option "Always ask".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am 
Nationalised

Are you trying to embed this video this in your site?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:10 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Premiere's Web DVD creates flash format files. I don't think Wordpress is great with Flash. Suggest just a .avi or similar would be better. You may need video plugin for Wordpress (haven't used WP for a while. Might be standard now.). Also watch out for file limit on media uploads to WP. I think it's around 50MB but there is a work around if you search the web.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 pm 
Nationalised

Not familliar with Adobe Elements WebDVD but...

Here's a tutorial for Elements 9:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereEle ... -8000.html

And here's one with a video for Elements 10:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereele ... -7ff7.html

Both seem to indicate that the output to local computer is a folder with multiple files and an HTML page that has been coded by the video software to combine these files seamlessly.

The alternative seems to be to upload it to Photoshop.com and get a link there.

When you say you want to upload it to a WordPress site - is this a WordPress site you made from source code and host separately on a a server you manage yourself or is it one you made by logging on to WordPress.com using their wizard?

It seems like the tutorials from Adobe assume the uploading of the WebDVD output is to a server you manage yourself - so you may be looking at uploading the video directly from Elements to Photoshop.com and getting the link from there if it's a WordPress site from the wizard.

If you can clear up this WordPress build we can hopefully find a solution.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:42 pm 
Nationalised

This is hugley useful and it's free, http://www.squared5.com/

You can use it to decode a DVD file set and then re-encode for example.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:40 pm 
Real Estate Developer

ex-Patrick wrote:
I haven't a notion about Wordpress or Premiere, but for the unzipping can you check in Firefox what action you have defined for "Compressed (zip) folders" content type.
In my version of Firefox, this is under Tools > Options > Applications - there's a list of Content types and for zip archives I have set the option "Always ask".

Thanks very much ex-Patrick - I looked but I don't have options> applications under tools in firefox.
I have applications under Advance from the Firefox menu under preferences.
In the content window I have a list that doesn't include 'compressed' or 'zip' folders - so I don't know how I can change it - I am using Firefox 14.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 pm 
Nationalised

Can you use a different browser?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm 
Real Estate Developer

What Goes Up... wrote:
Not familliar with Adobe Elements WebDVD but...

Here's a tutorial for Elements 9:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereEle ... -8000.html

And here's one with a video for Elements 10:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereele ... -7ff7.html

Both seem to indicate that the output to local computer is a folder with multiple files and an HTML page that has been coded by the video software to combine these files seamlessly.

The alternative seems to be to upload it to Photoshop.com and get a link there.

When you say you want to upload it to a WordPress site - is this a WordPress site you made from source code and host separately on a a server you manage yourself or is it one you made by logging on to WordPress.com using their wizard?

It seems like the tutorials from Adobe assume the uploading of the WebDVD output is to a server you manage yourself - so you may be looking at uploading the video directly from Elements to Photoshop.com and getting the link from there if it's a WordPress site from the wizard.

If you can clear up this WordPress build we can hopefully find a solution.

Thanks for looking at this for me. I have the printed Adobe Premiere Elements 9 guide and it is a bit different than in the link you kindly gave me.

I have a Wordpress site which is hosted by Hostgator.
I don't code it at present as the wordpress functions very well for my purposes right now. I may use some code in the future but for this site I shouldn't need it.

I have installed a 'pixel' theme on it.

It is working great except I cannot upload video - which is crucial. I tried a plugin for videos but it not only didn't work to upload my video it also stopped me being able to upload photos which are also very important.

Element 9 seemed ideal for my purpose at present as it is supposed to reduce the size efficiently. I thought I could upload directly from my computer to wordpress but maybe I am mistaken about this.

What happens when I try to upload is that the wheel just keeps turning for ages and then it simply stops.

I hope not but maybe I have to upload to photoshop first?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Open Window wrote:
Can you use a different browser?

Thankyou OW I have safari and firefox - i think what is happening is that firefox deals with downloads and so it opens the zips for some reason.
I like firefox for dealing with my site stuff as it has some handy things I use a lot. Maybe I should change it so that Safari is first up though...