Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:18 pm 
Nationalised

Wait, it also has pyrite? Was this thing built on an ancient Viking burial ground or something?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 am 
Too Big to Fail

pm1977 wrote:
Queue now to be top of the line in November, for your chance to own a piece of Dublin housing history:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/priory ... 8-Mar2015/

No truth in the rumours that they're renaming it? I think the two possible runners are 'Fiery Hall' and 'Pyritey Hall'
:-GC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 am 
Real Estate Developer

Homemaker wrote:
pm1977 wrote:
Queue now to be top of the line in November, for your chance to own a piece of Dublin housing history:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/priory ... 8-Mar2015/

No truth in the rumours that they're renaming it? I think the two possible runners are 'Fiery Hall' and 'Pyritey Hall'
:-GC

Gorse Hall has a certain ring to it... :-GC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am 
Too Big to Fail

They're better off renaming it Alcatraz, after all it's still a "ball & chain" for many of the former inmates.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 pm 
Nationalised

dolanbaker wrote:
They're better off renaming it Alcatraz, after all it's still a "ball & chain" for many of the former inmates.

But they got a "get out of jail free" card didn't they? They essentially sold the properties to the state for full price. Or do I misremember?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:18 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Mantissa wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:

But they got a "get out of jail free" card didn't they? They essentially sold the properties to the state for full price. Or do I misremember?

You're probably correct, I wasn't sure that they all "escaped".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm 
Nationalised

The BTLs may have been treated differently actually. I believe most of the relief was for mortgage-holders for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:02 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Mantissa wrote:
The BTLs may have been treated differently actually. I believe most of the relief was for mortgage-holders for some reason.

Correct, as per the article:

Quote:
Under a deal brokered by the Taoiseach’s department and the Department of the Environment, it was agreed that former residents would have their debt written off.

As part of that agreement, ownership of owner-occupier homes was transferred to DCC – as were the mortgage obligations. Owners of buy-to-let properties were given a moratorium on their mortgage payments – and promised a complete refurbishment of their apartments.

So BTL owners were in limbo and are now stuck with the least attractive property in Ireland, but short memories, a rename, refurb and rental demand will probably see them do alright in the medium to long term.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:20 pm 
Nationalised

What a crazy "solution".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

McFeeleys legal eagles wanted the case heard in August as a matter of urgency...when all the M'luds are on their holidays in their country piles!!! Not the brightest of approaches
Quote:
Court blocks bankruptcy exit by developer Thomas McFeely
Case adjourned to October after bankruptcy trustee argues Priory Hall developer failed to disclose all his assets
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/comm ... -1.2298658
Priory Hall developer Thomas McFeely will contest an application to extend his bankruptcy by five years.
The application has been brought on grounds including his alleged failure to disclose all his assets, the High Court has heard.
Mr McFeely (67) was adjudicated bankrupt in Ireland in July 2012 and his bankruptcy is due to expire on Thursday, July 30th this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property