Board index » Welcome to the PIN - General Rules & Guidelines for posting » Rules & Posting Guidelines

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17336
Location: To the right of the decimal place
Image

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 143
I had to laugh at the commentary on twitter ..some of the PC brigade were more outraged by people referring them to as “scumbags” more so than what they did. What do you call somebody who loots a supermarket, then robs a jcb partly demolishes the roof it in order to rob the safe, breaks into other shops as well as burning out a few cars in the vicinity!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Posts: 2137
bonbe80 wrote:
I had to laugh at the commentary on twitter ..some of the PC brigade were more outraged by people referring them to as “scumbags” more so than what they did. What do you call somebody who loots a supermarket, then robs a jcb partly demolishes the roof it in order to rob the safe, breaks into other shops as well as burning out a few cars in the vicinity!


Troubled. Disenfranchised. Neglected. Unloved. Uneducated. Take your fckin pick...

Forgot my favourites.

Most vulnerable in society.
Most vulnerable immigrants in society.
Immigrants. Those people. Not our kind.

Don't call them the following.

Neighbours.
Family.
My kind


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 5870
Location: SthDub
They're certainly not 'my kind'.
And if I had neighbours like that I'd be out of there rapid!
And thankfully none of my family (and I have a large extended family) are involved in crime like that (that I know of!).

So no, I won't be calling them any of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Posts: 2137
Disabled. Forgot disabled. Good allowance for that.

And Citizens. That 2. No allowance for that. Just benefits. :nin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Dec 2, 2013
Posts: 2574
The Naked Chef wrote:
bonbe80 wrote:
I had to laugh at the commentary on twitter ..some of the PC brigade were more outraged by people referring them to as “scumbags” more so than what they did. What do you call somebody who loots a supermarket, then robs a jcb partly demolishes the roof it in order to rob the safe, breaks into other shops as well as burning out a few cars in the vicinity!


Troubled. Disenfranchised. Neglected. Unloved. Uneducated. Take your fckin pick...

Forgot my favourites.

Most vulnerable in society.
Most vulnerable immigrants in society.
Immigrants. Those people. Not our kind.

Don't call them the following.

Neighbours.
Family.
My kind


When the "trouble making" get called "the troubled" that's just silly. The youngest person charged was 24...we can't even use the excuse that they're "youths".

You forgot one description to excuse...It's part of their culture


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: May 6, 2008
Posts: 4580
Location: the nearest faraway place
GameBlame wrote:

You forgot one description to excuse...It's part of their culture

The gas thing is the lads named today mostly sound irish, the exceptions being a couple of Lithuanians and a chap called Mohammed who could just as easily be a true blue.

_________________
Every single frozen corpse in the Death Zone on Everest was once a highly motivated person.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Dec 2, 2013
Posts: 2574
International co-operation then ? So it's good news story really



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 22945
catbear wrote:
GameBlame wrote:

You forgot one description to excuse...It's part of their culture

The gas thing is the lads named today mostly sound irish, the exceptions being a couple of Lithuanians and a chap called Mohammed who could just as easily be a true blue.


Having watched a good deal of the social media videos. There is a high probability many tens of the assailant opportunists have not been apprehended at this point. Some may be about to because of said social media but most likely many will not due to image quality and other factors (incl. legal?). The videos were also marked by an industrious and jovial tone.

However, more notable it seems is that this story broke out of Ireland very fast and became an international story of looting.

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:38 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3539
Location: Bogtrotterland!
Looting with a Backhoe digger does put it into a different league, especially as it appeared they tried to take the shop as well.

_________________
"Democracy is like sausage, you want it, but you don't want to know how it is made". [John Godfrey Saxe]
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 22945
dolanbaker wrote:
Looting with a Backhoe digger does put it into a different league, especially as it appeared they tried to take the shop as well.


Word on the street suggests there was bread and milk in that Lidl. :nin

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jul 31, 2011
Posts: 1418
Location: 0-71
I can't stop laughing from this mess..

I used to live there on citywest, jeez what a mixture. I guess its Jobstown being Jobstown.

_________________
Why it was so windy there?... I am out.

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SEVERE COLD - Feb/Mar '18 - Rolling Updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3539
Location: Bogtrotterland!
Open Window wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
Looting with a Backhoe digger does put it into a different league, especially as it appeared they tried to take the shop as well.


Word on the street suggests there was bread and milk in that Lidl. :nin

Lidl sell diggers as well! :P

https://www.lidl.de/de/big-spielfahrzeu ... er/p229972

_________________
"Democracy is like sausage, you want it, but you don't want to know how it is made". [John Godfrey Saxe]
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

    Board index » Welcome to the PIN - General Rules & Guidelines for posting » Rules & Posting Guidelines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS

Click for Latest PostsFollow, Retweet @dailypinster

- Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!