Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: How much renovation work to do?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

cyrusir wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
bart wrote:
1) Put new wooden panels up around the entire garden, which would cost about 1.5k in total - there would be no concreting involved
2) Build a 15m wall between my house and the dodgy neighbours and leave the rest of the garden as it is - it would cost about 2.5k
3) Do nothing

I'd do #2. The wooden panels will need maintenance and can be damaged.
The wall will give longer term peace of mind and you can plant along your side of it to hide it over time.

long term is not his concern, he wants to present it for sale

Oopps, missed that.
I wouldn't be looking at 1 or 2 so, not at €1.5k to €2.5k. Too much in whats a sellers market

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:58 pm 
Single Home Owner

Hi All,

Just said that I’d give an update on this and thank all who posted. The sale of the property closed on Thursday for 120,000. The only work I ended up doing in the end involved stripping the wallpaper and repainting it, putting in a new boiler and tidying up the garden.

I was surprised at how little interest there was in it. There was only four interested parties who came for viewings between August when I put it on the market and the middle of October when it went sale agreed. I ended up selling it myself because I didn't trust any of the local auctioneers. Overall after renovations costs, legal fees, stamp duty etc, I cleared just over 30k in profit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 pm 
Nationalised

bart wrote:
Hi All,

Just said that I’d give an update on this and thank all who posted. The sale of the property closed on Thursday for 120,000. The only work I ended up doing in the end involved stripping the wallpaper and repainting it, putting in a new boiler and tidying up the garden.

I was surprised at how little interest there was in it. There was only four interested parties who came for viewings between August when I put it on the market and the middle of October when it went sale agreed. I ended up selling it myself because I didn't trust any of the local auctioneers. Overall after renovations costs, legal fees, stamp duty etc, I cleared just over 30k in profit.

Congratulations.
Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:14 am 
Private Tenant

bart wrote:
Hi All,

Congrats, it'll be a nice Xmas in yours.
Will you be buying again?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:24 pm 
Single Home Owner

E92 335i wrote:

I'm keeping an eye out - not as many bargain out there any more unfortunately..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 pm 
Too Big to Fail

bart wrote:
E92 335i wrote:

I'm keeping an eye out - not as many bargain out there any more unfortunately..

That particulr ship is out at sea at the moment, wait a few years for it to return to the docks and catch the next sailing!

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?